Saturday, November 1, 2014

First Julep Box Review

3/24 Julep Box Product Review
I ordered my first Julep box on Monday, March 17.  I normally wouldn’t order nail products but the first box was free with the option to cancel any time thereafter, so I figured why not?  I wanted to see what all the hype was about!  It arrived in less than a week and was wrapped extra adorably.  It was like getting a present in the mail for no occasion and what’s better than that?!

Supposedly there are $40.00 of products in every Julep box.  Each box after your first free one costs $20.00.  My box had 2 nail polishes, Mighty Nail and Cuticle Serum, and two tiny square smoothing boards.  The polishes were a metallic silver called Stevie and a navy blue color called Michelle.  Both of the colors are nice looking and I liked them.  My first impression was that I was glad I had not spent $20 on it and it does not seem to be a $40.00 value.  However, I was open minded. 
The polishes went on smoothly and seem to be good quality.  I was happy with them.  Still not sure if the whole box was worth the price tag but it was fun to get a surprise.  The Mighty Nail and Cuticle Serum are used twice a day for two weeks and then once a week for “maintenance” according to the box.  I will post an update of The Mighty Nail and Cuticle Serum after using it for two weeks so be sure to check back! 




***********
Update! The Mighty Nail and Cuticle Serum did work.  My nails were moisturized and my cuticles did look better.  To be honest I am not sure if it was from the Serum or if any moisturizer used regularly for two weeks would have done the same thing.  I will say that it is amazingly easy and fast to apply though.  I loved that it was instantly absorbed.   I won' t be purchasing Julep's Might Nail and Cuticle Serum again but I will enjoy the product until it runs out.

I purchased this beauty box for my own use.  This review is not endorsed by Julep or any other company.

-Michelle

1 comment: