Friday, May 15, 2015

Knee High Gladiator Sandals

Gladiator sandals have been on the fashion scene for a few seasons now.  They are cute enough and I have had a pair or two but I never really loved them.  Know what I mean?  Fast forward to Spring 2015 and knee high gladiator sandals have taken over the sandal scene.  I mean really, aside from the classics that never go out, basic surfer style flip flops and jeweled sandals, they are absolutely the shoe of the season.  Vogue even named theme one of the top trends for Spring!

Do you own a pair?  I don't yet... I haven't found a pair that is comfortable enough and I can't decide if I want brown, black or nude.  There's also the choice of tie or faux buckles with a zipper.  The tie ones are laborious to put on but seem to fit me better.  The zippered ones are so much easier but seem to gap around my ankle.  Plus, I kind of like tying the laces because they remember me of pointe' shoes and I adore ballet and ballerinas.


I haven't worn the tied ones long enough to figure out if the laces loosen up as the day goes on.  That might be a deal breaker for me.  

The pair above is featured on the Vogue website and I love the color and how it isn't quite so shocking as the black pair is. Black, knee high gladiator sandals look great with some outfits but with others they almost seem to be too much.  The brown is more subtle.  I have also seen a few nude colored pairs but they seem to be too subdued for me.  If you are nervous about the trend and wearing these then they are probably perfect for you though!

This pair is available from Steve Madden and I like the fringe detail on the front.  Fringe is also huge this season and these look really fun.

I am going shopping this weekend and I am hoping to find the perfect pair.  Wish me luck!

-Michelle

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105

*All opinions are that of the blogger.  Photos courtesy of Steve Madden and Vogue.








No comments:

Post a Comment