Saturday, May 23, 2015

New Lip Color Faves

Recently I have added some great new lip colors to my makeup collection.  Today I would like to share my new acquisitions with you.  Lipsticks and lip colors are my favorite part of makeup and I am so excited to have found each of these products.

My current favorite is this lip gloss by Paris Manning.  Velvet 59 is the perfect name for it because it really does go on like velvet.  I have worn this color almost every day since I got it in my ipsy bag a month or two ago.  It goes on smoothly, is not sticky, has beautiful coverage and gives just enough color to be able to layer over almost any other lip color that I have.  I absolutely love it and will be purchasing it again.


The next new color I am loving is a a Butter Lipstick by NYX.  It is color BLS17, Pops Exsplosif.  It is a nude, brownish color that matches my lips and gives me a boost of color.  It feels good on my lips, isn't dry, and layers well with Velvet 59.  I like that NYX is also cruelty free to animals and I will definitely also purchase this product again.  It was also in one of my tipsy bags recently.  Score!


I don't think I waited long enough after applying chapstick to apply the NYX Butter Lipstick.  You can see that it concentrated on the outer edges of my lips.  Whoops!  Patience never was my strong suit but I wanted to make sure I got a picture before I forgot!


And lastly, a new favorite pink.  As a redhead, finding the perfect shade of pink can be a challenge and when I find something that works then I wear it for forever and don't try anything new.  This is Flirting, a Creamy Lip Stain by City Color.  I didn't think this color was going to work for me but I was pleasantly surprised.  This is a matte, lip color stain that is applied with a wand like gloss.  It goes on kind of dry and powdery and after awhile my lips feel dry and I need to apply chapstick and then reapply it.  Reapplication is one of those things that is expected with lip color but I don't like the dry feeling.  However, I love the overall color and look so I am ok with it.  This was in my tipsy bag back in November or December, if I remember correctly, and I didn't get around to trying it for awhile.  Now I wear once every week or every other week.  I am on the fence about whether I would repurchase this or not.  I love the matte lip colors by Makeup Forever and Sephora's brand so much that I probably wouldn't.  I would buy a similar color from them instead.  




What are your new lip color favorites?

-Michelle



Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105

*All opinions are that of the blogger.  Products were purchased through ipsy and photos are courtesy of the blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment