Saturday, December 5, 2015

Botox or Black Friday?

I was beside myself when I realized that my thoughts were deep into the idea of actually contemplating getting Botox.  I thought cosmetic surgery was never going to be something I desired until I was 'over the hill!'  In my mid thirties, my face has started showing more and more signs of aging.  More recently, my lips have even showed signs, with some feathering and lines appearing around the once definitive outer edges.  With age, the naturally occurring collagen lessens.

Until I mentioned it out loud, I never knew how many people I actually know have gotten either Botox or lip enhancers!  I thought only California actresses got any of that, but it's more common than one might think!  Even girls in their twenties are plumping their lips, but more so for a certain look than for avoidance of age-defiance.

I was set on Botox, or Xeomin which is similar, but the cost.  Oh the cost!  It isn't feasible for me right now.  

My YouTube friend Brianna works for a plastic surgeon in Atlanta.  (I never met her, but she did personally SnapChat me back, which totally made my day and made me feel like a 14 yr old when a boy from a boyband waves in her direction from on stage.  I assume.  I wouldn't know.  I went to school when grunge bands were in.  We wore oversized jeans or JNCOs, flannels over tees, and combat boots.  High fashion nor high pitch screaming girls were not cool.)  Anyway, I learned from Brianna that medical grade skincare is incomparable to over the counter skincare products due to the deeper level of penetration to change the cellular makeup & is not readily available, but the doctor she works for is the best of the best and it is available through him!  I never heard of medical grade skincare until now!

I watched some of her recommendations here https://www.youtube.com/user/BriannaStanko  And then I watched more, and more, and this went on for months.  The products were pricey, but injections were even more, and each day that I hesitated my skin was aging another day so the least I could do was try some of the products she was using herself.  I waited for Black Friday  and purchased 5 items, targeting my face and lips.  I went with the brands SkinMedica and Skinceuticals, although my wish list is already full of other products to try! I couldn't narrow down what I wanted but thought I'd start with a few for now and can rotate some in next time I order and depending upin the time of year if my skin reacts well.  I cannot wait to give these a good try and hope to see a difference, if not at least prevent further aging.  

For now, Black Friday beat out Botox for me, and I even got a free eye treatment and a surprise free sample with my purchase!

                   

Add me on SnapChat for both Beauty and Fitness chatter RoeFit or Erin R

Some things can't be mixed so I have to figure out the exact skin care routine I'll be using morning vs. night this winter but I now feel like I have the fountain of youth in my hands. Brianna's channel also detials her current morning and night time routines to give you an idea, & lists 20% codes sometimes as well.  Please let me know if you have tried or will try any!  They can be purchased here https://www.premierlook.com/ !


~Erin

Please note I have no skin care training and have no knowledge of the products sold on the above site. These were personally purchased and not sponsored, and all opinions are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment