Monday, December 7, 2015

MAC vs Purlisse BB Cream

I have red hair and freckles so finding foundation is always a challenge.  Some formulas are too heavy and cover my freckles too much leaving a huge difference between the appearance of freckles on my face and the rest of my body.  I refer to this is "freckle muting."  Freckle muting is a no in my life.  Nothing looks more unnatural than muted freckles on my face and the freckles on the rest of me seem to stand out even more.  No thank you!
During the summer I accidentally discovered Ulta's BB cream.  It gave me just the right amount of coverage and looked specially nice in the summer when I generally don't need as much coverage or wear as much makeup.  When the weather turned colder and my tan faded the color I was wearing, medium, was too dark.  I tried the shade below, light, but it was too light!  Obviously I knew that I could blend my own shade but my mornings are crazy hectic and getting the shade right takes too much time on especially crazy mornings.  So what's a freckled girl to do?
Fate stepped in and Ipsy sent me Pur Lisse Tinted Moist BB Cream.  Holy Batman!  My life is forever changed.  I was hooked from the first application.  It feels like lotion and is as easy to apply and blend as moisturizer.  It gives my skin just enough coverage without being too much and feels wonderful on.  It fits perfectly into my hectic morning since I can apply it so quickly and easily with my fingers.  It's basically the best thing since sliced bread.  I ordered it ASAP...apparently every other Ipsy Glam Bag recipient did too because it was on back order.  I was so bummed!
A few days later I was on my way to LA and had some time to waste at the airport.  I wandered into MAC and decided to try their BB Cream while I waited for my Pur Lisse.  I sampled it in the store and immediately noted that it was not as creamy feeling as Pur Lisse.  It felt more like regular foundation but the light medium color matched my skin tone so I decided to purchase it.  It's ok.  It's good enough but definitely not as wonderful as Pur Lisse.  It doesn't last as long and is harder to apply.  I wouldn't likely purchase again and it isn't really a good value.  In my opinion, a drug store BB cream would probably be just as good.
Pur Lisse for the win!


Make sure you subscribe and follow us to be a part of our January giveaway!  Stay tuned!


-Michelle

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105-10941499

*Photos courtesy of the blogger.  This was a non sponsored review.  Opinions belong to the blogger.


No comments:

Post a Comment