Sunday, December 7, 2014

Midi Skirts

 Nothing beats a wearable look that will probably be around for awhile.  Everyone loves maxi skirts but let's face it, all that voluminous fabric is sometimes a bit...much.  This is especially true if you have to iron yours or ride the carousel at the mall with your 2 year old.  Mini skirts are timeless but have their time place.  Again, take it from me that riding a carousel at the mall probably isn't the best place!  And this is why I am completely embracing midi skirts!  Midi skirts are everywhere for fall and winter of 2014.  They are very current, very now, and very wearable.

What are midi skirts, you ask?  A midi skirt is a skirt that ends anywhere from just below the knee to a few inches above the ankle.  They can be pencil style, A-line, circle, or very full.  Solid midi skirts are easy to mix and match but prints are fun to pair with too!  Midis are flattering to many body types and fuller styles are comfy on the go.  As a Mom, I try and wear clothes that I can move around in and I like circle midis because I can chase my kids and not worry about flashing too much if I have to bend down to pick up a dropped toy.

Here in NJ it's cold for what feels like half the year.  Midi skirts are perfect to layer with fleece tights, sweaters, and boots or booties for fall and winter.  The look below is one I am using for inspiration this season.  She looks cozy warm but still fun and flirty.


I have a feeling this look will stick around at least through the spring so a midi with a tank top or even a crop top will be a perfect transitional look into summer.  Isn't this adorable and so easy to throw on and go?  She looks pulled together, and effortless.  The print is interesting without being so small its lost in the fullness of the skirt.  I love the belt that accents her waist.  

I recently tried on a pencil midi and was surprised to see how long it made my legs look and gave me the illusion of length.  Anything to make my 5'2" frame look taller is good to me!  The fabric was plaid though, and not the most flattering for my shape, plus plaid just isn't my favorite, so I passed on it.  However, I am definitely going to be adding a pencil midi into my wardrobe.  So basically, I have decided that midis are the next best thing since sliced bread and maxi skirts.

What are your thoughts on midi skirts?

-Michelle

*Images are courtesy of Google search.  


No comments:

Post a Comment