Sunday, December 21, 2014

Skin Care Changes For 2015

I don't often like to admit that I am 33.  Usually I like to tell people that I am *ahem* 29.  During the past couple of years I have really noticed changes in my skin and few of them are favorable!  All of my friends who are older than me warned me that at 30 I would start seeing my skin head downhill fast and to make sure I took care of my skin while it was still young and before it was too damaged.  For the record, I really should have taken their advice!  I am seeing fine lines around my eyes, lines on my forehead, the "11," bags under my eyes, and general redness on face.  The "11" is the nickname and totally unscientific term for the vertical expression lines between the eyebrows.
Here's a filtered, makeupped look at my "11:"

Trust me, without filters and makeup is is much worse and looks like the angry lines drawn on cartoon characters.  

I subscribe to several fashion magazines and one of them is Marie Claire.  The January issue arrived a couple weeks ago and the cover immediately caught my eye.  I actually stopped momentarily because of the headline "The 2015 Change Your Life Guide:  Update Your Look, Jumpstart Your Career, and Detox The Right Way."  Updating my look and detoxing are definitely on my 2015 agenda.  I flipped open the magazine, and stopped everything to take the quiz, "Get Your Detox On."  I know that some of my skin issues are due to inconsistent healthy eating and not consistently drinking enough water or following a skin care routine.  Overall, I eat well but I do eat when stressed and afterwards it shows on my skin.  Additionally, I did not always take care of my skin and often forget to take my makeup off.  And don't get me started on the sun damage due to a childhood in the sun without sunscreen.  
Anyway, attached is a copy of the quiz, courtesy of Marie Claire magazine.

According to this quiz I need the Bare Minerals 7-day Detox Mineral Brightening Peel.  And you know what?  I really can't argue that.  According to the Bare Minerals website, there are seven bottles of product that come packaged for this one week skin detoxification.  The bottles are labeled one through seven and you apply one day for each day of the detox.  The overall product is supposed to increase cell turnover rate, detoxify, create a moisture shield and revitalize skin.  These are definitely all things my skin needs!  The price is $75 which is competitive for skin care treatments.  I am going to be trying this out in January and will of course show you my before and after!  

What skin care products are your favorites?  What works for you?  What product(s) do you recommend for my "11" and fine lines?  

Of course, I know that detoxifying my skin is more than just applying the seven products one a day for one week.  I know that I need more sleep, more water, a consistent skin care routine, and healthy eating every day.  

So Readers, I confess that I don't normally succumb to New Year's Resolutions but this year fixing my skin is definitely mine.  

-Michelle

*The Get Your Detox magazine quiz was directly photographed from Marie Claire Magazine, January 2015 issue.  
**  The Bare Minerals 7-day Detox Mineral Brightening Peel information is from the Bare Minerals website.



No comments:

Post a Comment