Sunday, December 14, 2014

Multiple Rings

Over the past few months I've been seeing a lot of women wearing multiple rings.  I'm not exactly sure what the trend is called but "Multiple Rings" works for me!  Wearing multiple rings is pretty much just as it sounds...wearing more than one ring on the same hand and going for a more clustered look.  I started seeing this being done more after the whole Steam Punk thing really took off and brought "Over The Knuckle" knuckle rings to the forefront of finger fashion.  An over the knuckle ring is a ring with a large face that goes over the knuckle joint on the wearer's finger.  They vary from chic to ornate.  Personally, I prefer the more chic styles like the one pictured below:
Ok, back to multiple rings.  Shortly after the over the knuckle rings I started seeing multiple rings being worn on the same hand.  Usually a regular ring or two is partnered with other knuckle rings.  What's a knuckle ring? A knuckle ring is a small ring that is worn above the knuckle on a finger.  Confused?  Basically instead of covering the knuckle and bending with the finger like an over the knuckle ring, a knuckle ring is much smaller and does not go below second, or middle knuckle on your finger.

Here's an example of a knuckle ring:

Who knew this post would turn into a lesson about rings?!  Still with me? Ok, good!  Now finally on to multiple rings!  Here is my take on multiple rings:


As you can see, there are two regular rings and two knuckle rings in this set.  The bow shaped ring is from Forever 21.  The other three rings were a set that I purchased at a flea market over the summer.  All together I paid less than $10 for all four rings.  They certainly aren't high quality, but they will hopefully last as long as this trend does.  I like the polished black because it is more bold than either silver or gold would be.  I paired these rings with jeans, a black T shirt, an infinity scarf and a military inspired jacket.  I liked the rocker vibe the multiple ring set brought to the outfit.  It took an outfit that has been done a million times before and made it special.  I think I'll be buying a gold set too.  I'd like it to be more delicate than these.  I think sparkly nails would really make gold knuckle rings pop.

-Michelle

*Two of the photos featured in today's post were found in Google's stock photos.  I do not own the rights to those photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment