Sunday, September 20, 2015

MUF HD Microfinish Powder vs City Color HD Powder

My skin changed after I had kids and up until recently I was  looking for a good finishing powder to wear over my CK One foundation. I hadn't found a favorite until earlier this year when I started wearing Make Up Forever's HD Microfinish Powder.  It's easy to apply, makes my makeup last, and keeps my nose from becoming shiny as the day goes on.  It is great and I wear it almost everyday.  I would have been completely loyal and not tried any other finishing powders but ipsy sent me a sample of City Color's HD Powder and now I am completely sold on it!  It looks, feels, and works just as well as Make Up Forever's but is a fraction of the price!  You had me at "bargain!"



Both City Color HD Powder and Make Up Forever HD Powder are applied with a large, fluffy blush.  They are both equally long wearing on me, easily blendable, and easy to touch up if needed.  I rarely touch mine up though!  My favorite thing about both is that they don't show up as shimmer or white in pictures.  Many white finishing powders show in photos and that is always a fear of mine.  Thankfully these both passed the picture test!

The container for the Make Up Forever powder is very heavy and bulky.  It's a pain to carry in my purse because it is so unwieldy.  The City Color Powder container is much more lightweight and easy to travel with.  The mesh cover inside the Make Up Forever's powder container does help ensure it doesn't spill or that I don't put too much on my brush at once.  That would be a nice feature for the City Color Powder to have but maybe it does on the full size container.  Their website didn't disclose that detail.  Either way that wouldn't convince me to purchase the more expensive one.

In this picture you can see that the City Color HD Powder would be easier to spill.



The Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Powder is $34 at Sephora.  There are 8.5 grams in the container.   The City Color HD Powder is $5.99 on The City Color website and there are 7 grams in the container.  Likely, I will have to pay shipping for City Color HD Powder, but even then it will still work out to be cheaper than the Make Up Forever version.

I am absolutely sold on the City Color HD Powder.  I would recommend and repurchase the Make Up Forever version, but given the choice I will choose the City Color one all the way!  With all that money saved I can also buy another product to try.  Yay!

-Michelle

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105-10941499

*This is a non sponsored review.  All photos are courtesy of the blogger.









No comments:

Post a Comment