Thursday, September 3, 2015

Ulta Matte Lip Cream Review


I know that I have written a lot about lipstick and Ulta recently.  I hope you aren't tired of hearing about them but I can't help it.  I just love both so much!  My newest favorite product is the Ulta Matte Lip Cream.  It is very pigmented, lasts well, and doesn't dry my lips out.  I love the burst of color it gives.  



While I do recommend this product, there was a bit of a learning curve with its application.  The lip cream is applied with a wand like a lip gloss but it is easy to over do.  You have to make sure to wipe off the excess before applying it.  I like to use the applicator tip to line my lips before  filling them in.  The next step is critical!  Let it dry before before applying a second coat!  The first coat should be a thin coat and it has to settle before you add more otherwise it bleeds.  Once the second coat is dry then I layer clear moisturizing balm over the top.  The balm seems to help keep it from settling in my lip's creases and keeps it looking fresher longer.

The shade I am wearing is called brilliant.  It's kind of an electric orange color.  As a redhead, I wasn't sure that an orange-y red would ever be an option but I am quite happy to have found this one!



-Michelle

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105-10941499

*photos courtesy of the blogger.  This was a non sponsored review

No comments:

Post a Comment