Sunday, August 30, 2015

Lipstick Manicure

Do you get gel manicures?   Any manicure? It seems that tips, wraps, and lcn nails are out of date, but I still love my acrylic nails!  Without them, my polish would chip within the hour!  I normally get them square, and never had the desire to try the stiletto nail, which is the Lady Gaga inspired pointy-tipped dagger dragon claw nail shape that the younger generation and beauty gurus gravitate toward.

(photo found on pinterest, originally found on ebay.com)

I heard about a fresh tube of lipstick inspired nail trend and wanted to jump on board immediately! My favorite nail stylist Aya was 100% willing to try my request!   "Something different to keep me young," I told her! Now the style still uses nail polish and not lipstick, but the filed shape results in the angular shape of a freshly unwrapped lipstick!

 What do you think?


(photo belongs to 2StrongGirlsCM)

(photo belongs to 2StrongGirlsCM)

I can type, apply makeup, and do everything as normal, except pick up change or credit cards from a flat surface, which I couldn't do with my squared off acrylics either!  I think I'll be sticking with this look for some time to come!

~Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment