Saturday, August 29, 2015

Recent Ulta Haul

I know I have talked about Ulta before but I can't get enough of that store!  It's one of my favorites and I am always finding new, awesome products or getting great deals there.  I went a couple of weeks ago to purchase my favorite foundation by CK One that I was nearly out of.  Like many women, during the summer my skin tans despite using a high SPF sunscreen.  I didn't want to purchase a bottle of my usual foundation in a darker color because I didn't think I would use it all before my tan faded for the winter.  While browsing and debating my purchase, I started chatting with the Ulta employee.  I mentioned my situation and she recommended the Ulta brand BB Cream for the few short few weeks that I would need a darker color.  Honestly, I wasn't convinced.  I had tried a BB Cream before and was totally unimpressed.  I decided to try it and then she mentioned that they were having a great special if you purchased $19.50 in Ulta brand products then you got a free gift.  Normally I could care less about the free gifts given at makeup counters.  I have a million makeup bags thanks to ipsy and don't really need samples.  Then she showed me the free gift and I audibly gasped in awe.  The gift was amazing!  It's a 15 piece gift set valued at $88.  It comes with a decent sized make up bag, a large sample sized matte lipstick, a blush duo, a mascara, two eye shadows, three makeup brushes, a $5 coupon off a future purchase and a couple samples.  How could I say no?  I decided to stock up on my favorite mascara, which you can also read about here, and to try the BB Cream she recommended.  I was also able to use a $3.50 coupon which brought my total down to $19.50 before taxes.  Therefore, I paid less than $20 for approximately $100 in makeup.  Score!

Here is what I paid for:

As you can tell, I have been using the BB Cream.  I am liking it!  I'll probably only use it for summer because it gives a very sheer coverage and usually I like a medium coverage.  It is perfect for summer though.  It glides on easily with my fingers and is very easy to blend.  I use a finishing powder and it lasts several hours.

Here is a picture of everything included with the free gift.  Amazing, right?!


Lastly, here is a photo of everything that I got!  


I am so excited about this purchase.  My makeup bag is definitely stocked and ready for fall and I can actually see myself using all these products.  If you haven't been to Ulta lately then I definitely recommend checking this deal out before it's gone!


-Michelle


Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105-10941499

*This is a non sponsored review.  Photos courtesy of the blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment