Thursday, August 13, 2015

Unplug and Observe

Today I am blogging a bit differently.  Normally I grab my laptop after my kids are in bed and type with approximately sixty seven Facebook and Pinterest breaks.  Today, however, I am going Old School.



"So, why?" You are probably asking yourself.  Or instead, maybe you are wondering what the point is since this will need to be typed anyway.  My answer is because sometime we all need to unplug.  I needed to take a breather from technology and to stop and admire the world and people in it.  Rather than checking Pinterest and Instagram for what people are wearing, I am sitting at a busy Starbucks watching people go by me and seeing what they are wearing in person.  Photos are amazing but sometimes you need real connections and I have been missing those lately.

It's nice.  Sitting at Starbucks and enjoying the sights, smells, and sounds of people going about their work and days around me is refreshing.  Letting my mind wander to where it naturally goes rather than where social media directs it is something that I should let happen more frequently.  Where did my creativity go?  Now I am wondering if anyone else has the same issue.  Anyone?

Sitting at Starbucks to blog was refreshing and empowering.  I had a moment coming to terms with how "plugged in" and distracted I am and now I know that I need to fix that.  My kids need to see the creative side of their Mom.  I need to really see the world...not just pass through it.  I need to experience things and absorb more rather than just going through the motions.  I invite you to take some time this week and do the same thing.  Take a half hour and let your mind wander.  Don't check your phone, tablet, computer or gaming system for anything.  Let yourself be and consider the world around you.  Comment and let me know how you feel once you've done it.  I hope you feel as renewed as I did.

-Michelle

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105-10941499

No comments:

Post a Comment