Thursday, August 6, 2015

Falling for Suede

Just as I mentioned in my platform sandal post here, my style from back in the 90's has reappeared all around me!  I wore a pair of black suede flare leggings every time they were clean from the laundry.  What’s funny is I wore them with black combat type boots and a white crop sweater, both of which have appeared in recent trends.  My So Called Life revisted.  I even have a similar haircut now.  Maybe history does repeat itself.   
Here's me in my suede leggings, before leggings were even a thing.  
I may or may not have been wearing stark white foundation and brown eyeshadow, or maybe it was the high quality disposable camera.  Notice I only wore 1 backpack strap because unlike today, 2 were dorky back in the late 90's.  Have you ever seen the movie 21 Jump street with Channing Tatum?  The backpack part cracks me up.



approx. 1996 age 15

Last year in Kohls, I saw a pair of black suede pants and bought them because I loved my 10th grade pair so much.  This pair was skinny style and I actually have a midi skirt from post college dating back over ten years that is tan suede.  I had a leather fix 2 yrs ago and then a suede fix, although those leggings and a tan crop from Forever 21 I got last year were the only suede garments I could even find last season.  Just like what happened after I exhausted my leather dress search and gave up, I was too early.  As Fall 2015 approaches I see a lot of suede and I love it!  I wonder how much longer I will have to wait before I finally find olive suede?  Right now it's all tan and tan washes out my pale complexion and hair.  I could lay in the Sahara and become a chameleon, especially if dressed in tans.  Side note, there's a reason I over do my accessories and eye makeup or dare to wear bright lipstick since me in neutrals is just as exciting as the boring backdrop of a DMV.
This skirt has been calling to me for weeks, and even though I love the laser cut detailing it's another midi which I have already plus I waited too long and unfortunately missed the boat in my size.
                                                         Forever 21 Lase Cut Faux Suede Midi

I also picked up this suede skater skirt here!


Do you like suede or does it give you the heeby-geebies like corduroy or velvet when running your hand over it?  I love the look on a crisp fall day!

I know I will be wearing my tan suede over the knee boots this season, as well as my suede leggings, whether the trend forges ahead or is a flop!  


-Erin

*All suede mentioned is faux, and opinions are of the blogger.







No comments:

Post a Comment