Thursday, July 30, 2015

Platform Sandals

I saw a trend forming 16 hours before it arrived in America.


What I mean by that is I watched my fellow blogger and YouTube friends in Australia wear this fashion statement while I was nestled on my couch under blankets watching Pretty Little Liars & snow fall.  The upcoming summer trends debuted in Australia at the same time, during their summer.

I saw it.  I thought about it.  I liked the simple clean lines.  I didn't like the chunky wide appearance at first.  I did like the combo of the classic look and edgy look, if that's not an oxy moron!  I kept the look in the back of my mind, wondering if all trends really do make it to the US.

It's funny because one of my first pair of high heels, which still sit in my closet, fit the bill.  I must go try them on now, just for giggles if anything!  They were a black chunk heel round toe Mary Jane looking heel with a thin black strip over the top of my foot.  I had a solid pair but this pair I kept is more satin with a criss cross round toe.




I wore them to I think the dinner cruise on my 8th grade Washington DC trip.  I paired them with a black dressy overall-like jumpsuit and a white lace top.  the white lace top (and shoes) I still have because it's one of the few clothing items I still have that my mom had picked out and brought home for me.  Basically this entire outfit, both overalls and jumpsuits as well as lace have made an encore the past couple years.  I was so on trend and didn't even know it!  I found a pic of the outfit with different shoes it seems, but I thought I'd share.
Easter 1995 (age 13/14)

The Australian trend I saw appearing last winter though was the thick strapped shoe in usually black and sometimes white, with a platform adding much appreciated height!  Teh platform is less streamlined but has grown on me.  Here's an example in gold which I have been eyeing here just for their uniqueness.  I have loved gold throughout the 90s when it was not cool and silver was in.  Golden hues make me happy.





By Design Lab sold at Lord n Taylor (link above)
photo found on pinterest

Can't you picture it with denim and a white top with long gold chain?


Here are two other popular style this season with different looks, one more dressy and one more boho which I picture with a maxi dress if it's your style.  The latter is a little too Pee Wee Herman for me. I  also need an arch to my shoes at my age, but so many feet out there aren't bothered by flat hard soles.  Which pair would you wear?

  
Found on Forever21.com here                                                            Found at Asos here


I actually purchased these a year or two ago and couldn't return them because of Forever 21's horrendous return policy.  They weigh a ton!




Here is a pair I found at Marshalls this season that I am excited about!  They are a little more timeless than the trendy gold ones above I'm considering purchasing, but have the thick strap similarity.  Patent leather is like nails on a chalkboard to some people, but it's a clean put together look and I like it!  High five to wedges too!




By Adrienne Vittadini

Do you like this Australian sandal style?

-Erin
*Products mentioned were personally purchased and not sponsored.











No comments:

Post a Comment