Friday, July 24, 2015

A trend to "watch"

Have you noticed that watches are back in fashion?  I am loving seeing all the different varieties and that this trend is both classic and all encompassing.  I stopped wearing a watch when I started carrying my cell phone everywhere, and I am sure that was the case for most Americans.  Technology took over and we lost the simplicity and timelessness of watches.  Anyway, I am glad they are back!

Usually I don't discuss men's fashion as much as women's.  Why? Men's doesn't always change quickly enough for me nor do men usually take as many risks as women.  Watches, however, look to be one way that men can express themselves without worrying about looking silly.

Men's watches are back in several styles and I foresee men's watches being a hugely gifted item for the holidays this year.  G shock watches, classic styles with clean lines, and Steam Punk inspired watches that show the inner workings are all popular.
I love this one from Fossil.  It's part of their Modern Machine collection and an affordable $185.00 on the Fossil website.  I like the details and that it isn't overdone or ostentatious.  You could wear it with jeans or dress it up further for a business meeting.  I don't generally like leather watch bands but this one works well all together.

This classic Sentry Chrono by Nixon is gorgeous.  Black never goes out of style and this watch can be worn for years.  
Lastly for the men's watches, check out this super fun Bumble Bee Transformers watch!  I would not usually gravitate to a yellow watch band for most men, but this is Bumble Bee!  I love the cleverness displayed here.  If interested, this beauty is about $5,500.00 and by Memorgin.  It would be a fun gift.

Women's watches are whimsical, colorful, and have unexpected touches.  Classics are, of course, always in style and paired with bracelets for an update.  I think every women needs a classic style watch along with something more fun that represents her personality.
This classic Nixon in shades of brown with gold accents is timeless and beautiful.  I love it paired with pearls and bangles.  The bracelets give it an extra feminine twist.

Everyone knows that black and white is my favorite color combination and I wear a ton of it.  I love this Kate Spade watch which is available at Macy's.  The gold accents are pretty and the scallops are girly.  It's fresh but is a look that is also classic.

This would be the perfect watch for me!  I am always running late no matter how hard I try not to be.  Again, leather bands aren't  necessary my thing but this is adorable and available on allwomenstalk.com.

Fossil has cute bracelet style watches too!  My wrists are small so sometimes I like bracelet style watches that aren't overwhelming.  I think it would be cute with bracelets or even a leather cuff.
I'll be continuing to "watch" the watches trend and will be gifting at least one watch later this year.  Which watch style is your favorite?

-Michelle

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105-10941499

*Photos courtesy of Fossil, Allwomenstalk.com, Macys.com, Nixon, and Memorgin.  All were viewed on Pinterest.com













No comments:

Post a Comment