Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Louise Et Cie Kiki Stilettos

I was browsing through Lord n Taylor, as I often do and saw a brand I was unfamiliar with.  In Lord n Taylor, each table is designated to one designer, and these shoes were made of softer leather than I typically see and had a classic and elegant look.  I slipped on one of the samples, which luckily for me are 99% of the time always my size.  Size 6 isn't too common after all.  The shoe just looked so Audrey Hepburn if she were in 2015.  I saw an elegant woman wearing them in my mind and couldn't pass them up.

The style was called Kiki.  They were coral with a gold detailed bow and a cigarette heel.  This pair was originally $139 and on sale for $111.  Besides that number being special to me, I just loved the Kiki heel!  I showed them in my fall haul video here.
They sat pretty on my closet shelf for a couple of weeks before I reminded myself that I was updating my wardrobe to timeless pieces.  How often could I wear a pair of coral heels, and how many colors would they truly match?  I'm also not the type of girl who typically spends over $100 on shoes to be worn sparingly.  The shoes went back. 

Yes I suffer from buyer's remorse more than the average woman, but at least some unnecessary buys get returned every now and again instead of sitting with hanging tags in the back of my closet.

Since many months had passed, those shoes were long forgotten.  I was back at Lord and Taylor to return a dress I bought for a wedding but decided against it.  Actually that is a story in itself:
Saleswoman:  "Miss, are you returning one of your prom dress options?"  
I don't think I answered her right away because I was counting how many years ago my prom actually was, but then I ran out of fingers to count on.
Me:  "No, it was for a wedding, but just didn't fit right."
I may have had a swag in my step as I walked out of the mall that night.

Anyway, so I was back in Lord and Taylor, and walked through the shoe section since I was there anyway after returning the dress and had been debating buying super comfortable sandals for my Nashville trip.  I didn't see any so I turned right around to go right back where I came from and avoid the entire rest of the mall, pat myself on the back for doing so, and get into my car.  As I walked out of the shoe department, the sale racks were on the corner of the aisle.  I continued walking straight ahead, but my head automatically turned toward the last end cap of the sale rack.
I saw the Kiki!  5 1/2.  I thought, 'No!!!  Oh well, let me just put it on to see how the black looks.  Let me zip the heel.  Wait, these fit!'  I walked myself to the register, "Excuse me, can you please check the price before getting the other one.  I probably won't be getting them, but I'm curious."  The red sticker on the inside was marked from $139 to $99, but I asked to see if maybe the holiday 20% or 25% off applied to this pair.  The girl told me they may be marked as a sample pair and would check.
I whipped out my credit card and walked away with these beauties, in a more practical color than my previous coral purchase for $52!




I like the card they came with
"Nothing holds the power to transform a woman like the perfect pair of shoes, whether for day or a special occasion, the right shoe can transcend any look.  Fine craftsmanship, modern design and distinctive details make Louise Et Cie shoes the ultimate style statement."

Purchase here.

The saleswoman also told me they run small.
Louise Et Cie is allegedly the late Vince Camuto's wife.  Her shoes are also sold in Nordstrom.

What do you think of them?


-Erin

*Photos courtesy of the blogger.  Please ask permission to use.  All purchases were personally purchased and not sponsored.

No comments:

Post a Comment