Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Brown lipstick? Think again

I have had my eye on LimeCrime's Cashmere lipstick since it was released, but couldn't spend the $20 on it.

It's a taupy brown color, and reminds me of opening my Christmas stocking as a child.  Every year, without fail, I would receive nail polishes and lip sticks, and almost always my mom would give me lipsticks in a light brown color and a cinnamon color.  I remember wearing those colors daily in 7th grade and again in 10th when I was more into makeup. 

Over the past decade I thought those colors looked odd on me and hadn't touched them.  I did a makeup clean out last year and only then parted with my stocking stuffers because, let's just say they most likely expired since the 90s and may have smelled a little funny.

I came across MAC lipsticks and lip pencils in Stone and Spice within the last few months, but again would not pay the price, especially when some creme lipsticks can make my dry lips look drier.

Michele told me Ulta was having a sale so I took a risk and purchsed 2 Ulta brand lipsticks.  I chose colors similar to the MAC colors I desired Stone and Spice, but they aren't true dups nor did I want them to be.  I prefer the subtlty of the Ulta colors rather than the bolder MAC colors I was inspired by.  I bought Sweet Mocha 260 and  Bronzed Beauty 261.


I applied Sweet Mocha, which applies more brown than the mauve color it appears to be in the photo.  I stepped back and was amazed how much it changed my entire makeup look. It created a sophisticated look paired with neutral eyeshadows, and I just adored it.  It now stays in my purse so I can take it wherever I go.  I can't wait to pair Bronzed Beauty with my new MakeUpGeek foiled shadow Flame Thrower I mentioned HERE to create a copper bronzed look to wear with brown fall boots, or an olive or navy outfit. 

Brown lipstick had me fooled!  Once applied, Sweet Mocha is just dark enough to cover my natural lip color, but also not too dark of a brown.


Sweet Mocha (top), Bronzed Beauty (bottom)


I liked the formula of Ulta brand's lipsticks too, as it stayed through hours of conversation during date night.  I usually stick to what I know, but now I recommend and will repurchase Ulta brand lipsticks!  Thanks Michelle for the suggestion!

-Erin

*No products mentioned above were endorsed.






No comments:

Post a Comment