Monday, October 26, 2015

Bell Sleeves-LOVE!

It's no secret that the 70s are back.  Boho, maxi skirts and now bell sleeves are in.  I adore bell sleeves.  I always have!  There's just something so fun about them!

Bell sleeves add visual interest to basic dresses.  The silhouette given by bell sleeves is gorgeous.  I love the way that bell sleeves photograph.  While they are fun to add to an everyday outfit, I think they are even more awesome when saved for special events.  I am attending a wedding in a couple of weeks and spent this past week searching for just the right outfit.  Boy, was that a challenge!

Again, I recently had a baby and my body is still "settling" for lack of a better word.  I find bell sleeves so beautiful and with the wedding being the only special occasion on my upcoming calendar, I definitely wanted something with a bell sleeve. I probably tried on 15 different tops and dresses with bell sleeves but didn't purchase any for the wedding.  None of them were functional for that particular day and venue.  In their defense, part of the issue was geography; shopping for a dress in New Jersey for a Fall wedding in Southern California was not easy.  Sweaters and down coats fill our stores but it is still 80 degrees in Orange County.  Whomp whomp!

I pictured myself in a dress or even romper with lace bell sleeves.  I've never owned a romper or anything with lace bell sleeves.  I tried on a few different options but nothing was right.

I tried this blue dress from Francesca's:

I had high hopes that it would fit me but it was a bit long for my petite frame.  The bottom and sleeves would need hemming and I was afraid too much of the lace would be removed to give it the look I like.  The color was beautiful though!

I pictured myself in something like this:

Since I didn't have a lot of time to wait for shipping I tried to find something like it at the mall.  This particular one is one I saw on the Nordstrom's website but I don't live near a Nordstrom so I couldn't try this one on.  I went in nearly every store but nothing fit or was like I pictured.  I was so frustrated!

On a different day I saw a similar dress at Marshalls.  Of course I LOVED the sleeves but they were out of my size.  This one is by Free People and actually much prettier.  I am half tempted to order it.


Anyway, I gave up.  Bell sleeves were not meant to be in my life this month.  I found another outfit with a tulle skirt and cream colored top.  I am still working on shoes but I will post a photo of the whole outfit when I get it together.

-Michelle

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105-10941499

*Photos courtesy of Nordstrom.com, Francesca's and Free People.




No comments:

Post a Comment