Monday, October 12, 2015

Too Faced Born This Way foundation

You may know by my past posts that I am a big YouTube watcher!  I found it to be a great way to hear tried and true reviews of products.  Whether it be food, cleaning, clothing, or beauty, I can hear a live upfront first impression from someone just like me.  I find it even more impressionable when the opinion comes from someone who is very familiar with a multitude of competitive brands and the quality and formulations of high-end products that are not in my budget to try.

Most of my friends tend to prefer a low to medium coverage foundation, whereas I prefer high-coverage, as I spoke of HERE.   This being said, when the beauty addicts of the YouTube world raved about a high-coverage foundation, I was out the front door and driving pedal to the metal to the closest Ulta to pick my color.  I had it in my shopping cart on the website, but I couldn't even wait that long.  I needed this product, despite the hefty $39, high coverage equals porcelain doll face in my makeup mirror.  It is the Born This Way foundation by Too Faced.

I have cool toned skin, with a pink hue, but the Ulta employee matched me with the shade Warm Nude.  The yellow appearance behooved me because it really did blend into my skin.  This leads me to think I would be fine wearing a range above and below it as well whilst less tan during winter.  I still find it unsettling that I own a warm tone shade, yet I choose to apply it with every application so I'll be keeping this shade.

I urge you to try it.  My initial reaction was unimpressed but I wasn't using enough!  Kelly Strack from YouTube suggested 2 full pumps of product and just like that, it slid on top of my skin easily without much blending and it didn't get thick and cakey.  It is like a smoothing solution that is now my absolute top pick of foundation!

photo fro www.Ulta.com


It can be purchse here: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod12621017&skuId=2290018

See Kelly's channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/mak3upbarbie

-Erin

This product was purchased and not endorsed.

No comments:

Post a Comment