Saturday, October 17, 2015

Thrift Store Come Ups

If you have read my recent posts then you are semi familiar with my post partum shopping and dressing issues.  If you aren't caught up then here is one of my posts about it.  Post partum dressing is probably my least favorite part of having a newborn.  Sleep deprivation and lots of diapers don't bother me as much as trying to figure out what fits and what I can breast feed in.  As my five year old would say "it's a big 'whomp whomp'."

Most of my fall and winter clothes are layer able pieces but they don't fit me at the moment.  I was faced with a closet full of clothes and literally nothing to wear a couple weeks ago.  I hesitated spending lots of money on new things that I hopefully won't need for very long but it was obvious that shopping needed to be done- and quick style!  Thankfully I found some great pieces recently at yard sales and thrift shops.

I spent $12 on four shirts and two sweaters at a yard sale.  Each item was only $2 and it almost felt wrong to pay so little for some of them because some are Express, BCBG, and Forever 21.  Yes, they are gently used items, but they are in great condition and nobody would be the wiser if I didn't tell them.  I was so excited to find these items!

The following week I found two sweaters at a church thrift store.  I spent $5 for both and one is also Express!

Here are some of my recent "come ups:"
It's a Banana Republic sweater!  It's light weight and super soft.

This is an Express cardigan that I got for $2!  I love the jeweled buttons and it will be adorable with jeans.

And lastly I would like to show you this over sized, cream colored chunky knit sweater.  The back has a criss cross detail that sets it apart.  I am going to pair it with leggings and boots.

Shopping for used clothes isn't something that everyone is into and I am ok with that.  Sometimes I actually enjoy hunting down one of a kind pieces at vintage shops, consignment stores, and resale shops more than shopping at the mall or online.  When my wardrobe needs a revamp on a budget then buying used is a good option for me.  I enjoy considering how a piece can be tailored to me or worked into my existing wardrobe and I love knowing that nobody likely has the same thing.

-Michelle


Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105-10941499


No comments:

Post a Comment