Monday, January 4, 2016

Michelle's LimeCrime Review

I had heard a little about Lime Crime lipsticks in 2014 but Erin was the one who convinced me to look into them.  Lime Crime is a makeup brand that focuses on dramatic and untraditional lip colors.  Lime Crime features blues, greens, and purples amongst other daring shades.  The founder, Doe Deere, is said to have started the line because she was tired of seeing all the same colors available.  For me, brightly colored lipstick is something fun but not necessarily a staple in my makeup bag. I have been experimenting more lately and getting more confident wearing colors aside from cranberry and red.   So when I saw Erin in one of Lime Crime's pink shades and she swore that it lasted "forever,"  I knew that I needed to try it. Read Erin's review here.

Erin and I took advantage of Lime Crime's Black Friday sale to combine shipping.  I love makeup products and trying new things but I am less likely to try something new if I can't easily return it to a store or it's not refundable.  Lime Crime does not allow exchanges but you can get a refund or store credit within 30 days,  minus shipping fees back to them of course.  I was glad that Erin told me about their sale!

I ordered two colors: Geradium which is one of the Unicorn Lipsticks and Jinx, a Lime Crime Velvetines.  Geradium is a HOT pink.  I should have paid closer attention to it being a Unicorn Lipstick.  It is the epitome of a unicorn pink.  The website didn't really do it justice.  The color is gorgeous and I liked it but it is definitely not my color.  It is way too much pink for a redhead.  Jinx is a vamp, deep plum color.  It is very different from what I would normally wear.  Apparently I was feeling adventurous when I ordered!

The Lime Crime Velvetine smells like vanilla cake batter.  It applied smoothly and dried in an instant, matte velvet finish.  On me it is is much darker than the photo showed and that it looks like it will apply.  I LOVED applying it and was very impressed with the quality of the pigment.  It didn't sink into my lip creases or bleed at all.  I didn't even use a lip primer!

Here it is right after application:


Here it is after four hours and no touch ups:

During the time between photos I had eaten, drank from a glass and kissed my baby and it didn't smudge or stain at all!  I may be in love!  Yes, it's a little dark but I do still like it.  It is very on trend right now too.  

Do you like vamp lips?

Make sure you subscribe to be a part of our upcoming giveaway!

-Michelle

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105-10941499

*Photos courtesy of the blogger.  This was a non sponsored review.  Opinions belong to the blogger.








No comments:

Post a Comment