Sunday, January 25, 2015

Fashion Magazines

I love fashion magazines.  There's something magical about all the work and the behind the scenes effort that goes into the creation of something so concise, conceptual, and beautiful.  Yes, fashion magazines are beautiful.  If they weren't then the fashion world wouldn't be nearly as concerned or reliant upon them.  Sadly, paper copies(aka hard or real copies) are losing popularity against e-copies.  For the record, I have absolutely nothing against e-copies of fashion magazines.  It really is the same thing! However, the hard copies are so much more luxurious and appealing to read.  Or at least that is my firm, and awesome opinion.  Fashion magazines are filled with glossy pages of pictures and articles.  Yes, the same content can be read on a computer, tablet, smart phone, etc but something is lost in translation.  Flipping the page and running your finger down the satiny finished pages is lost when paging down or swiping on a touch screen.  In my opinion, there is something beautiful and mesmerizing about real fashion magazines.  Opening the thick copy of Vogue's Fall Fashion issue gives me butterflies.  It's timeless and a tradition in my life to curl up and completely immerse myself in a dream land of couture whilst flipping the pages.

I subscribe to a few. Currently I receive Marie Claire, Elle, and Vogue.  In the past I have gotten In Style, Cosmopolitan, Glamour, and Lucky.  Now that I'm a mom I don't have the free time to read and admire the glossy pages of fashion magazines nearly as much as I used to.  Thanks to Pinterest, the Internet, and other forms of social media, I can follow trends and fashion relatively quickly and easily.  This doesn't mean that I don't still appreciate fashion magazines though.  Right now I am very behind on my reading!  It's almost embarrassing.  There are probably 12-15 magazines in this stack that I haven't gotten to read yet.  Yes, some of the trends are probably already over but I hold onto the magazines with faith that one day I will still get to read them.


By the time I get through this stack of magazines my daughters will either be wearing the trends as they come back or they will be reading them next to me.  We'll have to see which happens first!  Sometimes I feel like the oddball who is still reading paper copies of magazines.  Maybe I'm a bit old school or behind on the times when it comes to my fashion magazines but I am perfectly content with that.  Anybody else feel the same way?  Where do you get most of your fashion updates these days?

-Michelle

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Connect with us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Subscribe to us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105

*Photos are courtesy of the blogger



No comments:

Post a Comment