Sunday, January 11, 2015

My current obsession is royal blue

Hi Lovelies! I hope 2015 is treating you well.  Lately I have been incredibly obsessed with the color royal blue.  It seems that the trend is actually referred to as "Cobalt" blue however; I prefer royal.  Royal just seems a little more, well, distinguished to say and hear.  I have been pairing royal blue with a lot of grey and am very much embracing the color.  For years now, I have been a huge fan of the color pink so it feels a little disloyal to be liking another color so much more.  I can't help it!  There's just something about royal blue lately that draws me in.
A week or two ago I pulled a royal blue sun dress out of my closet.  It's freezing outside so I knew that if I wanted to wear that dress, and did I did, then I had to work layers in.  The dress was happening because royal blue needed to happen.  It's from Forever 21 and I paired it with thick patterned tights, boots, and a warm, thrifted, over sized cardigan sweater.  I belted the sweater with a yellow belt to help make the royal pop since it was mostly covered with the oversize cardigan.


A few days ago I painted my nails in shades of blue and grey.  Coincidentally, my cozy outfit that day matched exactly.  It was bitterly cold outside, with a high of 15 degrees.  Fashion had to wait and I gladly wore my warm, PINK sweatshirt dress and royal blue fleece leggings with comfy Uggs.  The nail polishes are all by Julep.  And as a side note, I should probably have given them more credit than I originally did.  The polish lasted for three days without a top coat before chipping and the colors were so rich and vibrant!  I was originally unimpressed but now I am the opposite- very impressed!

Then it was a royal and black cheetah print sweater from Forever 21 with more fleece leggings, Muk Luk boots, Betsey Johnson bag and a headband turban from Forever 21.  Yes, I am holding my 4 year old's "fancy fan."  She insisted and since she was the photographer, I had to oblige.

And fast forward to last Wednesday.  I got my hair cut and was, of course, wearing a royal blue sweater.  Are you sensing a trend?
Yes, those sunglasses are a bit silly but I love them.  I like my new haircut too.  What do you think?

And finally, I loved royal blue so much the past few weeks that I bought royal blue boots.  I took a chance ordering off eBay.  Normally I insist on trying all shoes on prior to ordering but these were inexpensive and I figured that if my love affair with royal blue doesn't last long, then at least I am not out a lot of money,
The boots are by bamboo and notice I am wearing the same thrifted sweater and belt.  

Am I the only one loving royal blue these days?  I love that jewel tones are so popular right now.  Emerald green, garnet, deep amethyst, and royal blue are some of my favorite colors to wear.  I think jewel tones compliment most skin tones and hair colors and I hope this trend stays around awhile.

-Michelle

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
"Like" us on Facebook www.facebook.com/2StrongGirls











No comments:

Post a Comment