Friday, January 30, 2015

Exclusive Chat with fashion designer Tara Brock

Our first exclusive chat features a mom, wife, student, & business woman, who has lived the career most of us only see in movies!  


Q:  What did your job entail as a fashion designer?  

A:  As a fashion designer (which can also be titled as a merchandiser)  I worked at a few companies, the last one was called Mallory and Church and there I worked on designing the following neck wear lines: Private label for Bloomingdales, Izod, Perry Ellis, Private label for Philip Van Huesen, and Private Label for JC Penney.

Q:  Why did you decide to become a fashion designer?
A:  I decided to become a neck wear designer after college when I discovered I did not care for being a Buyer, as that consisted of more accounting then creativity.

Q:  What was your favorite part about being a fashion designer?
A:  My favorite parts about being a designer were the creativity aspect as well as the relationships I built with the Department store Buyers.

Q:  How do you stay up to date with fashion?
A:  I stayed up to date with fashion buy looking at the Couture and High end designers, as well as traveling to forecasting shows in Italy and Paris.

Q:  What was your inspiration for creating your designs?
A:  The inspiration for my designs come from several venues.  They were: women's fashion, archives of old neck wear designs, paintings, nature, and current trends.

Q:  What advice do you have for future designers?
A:  The advise I have for future designers is to be opened minded in regards to new technology, always be willing to learn something new, be humble and seek advise from those with more experience than you.  If possible find a mentor in your specific field.


(photographed by www.clicksbykaren.com)

Thank you Tara for sharing your experiences with us!



-Erin

#Fashionblogger @2StrongGirlsCM

No comments:

Post a Comment