Sunday, February 1, 2015

OTK (over the knee boots)! Yay or nay?

I just can't stop talking about them!
I had fallen head over heels!  Ever since I ordered my first pair from Wet Seal, back in 2007, before I really even online shopped, I fell in love with over the knee boots, which I call thigh highs.  They were too shiny for my liking, and plastic like leather looking.  I wore them over my one and only pair of grayish black stretchy jeans, which later developed into a trend known as skinny jeans.  They went up way past the ever so common knee high boot, but I loved the length it added to my legs!  Then I was on a mission, and ordered them in regular black, and brown!  The problem was they were all stilettos with pointy toes, which means ouchy feet at the end of the night.  A couple years ago, when the brown boot epidemic went into full effect, and I couldn't find over the knees anywhere, my friend told me over the knee boots were  out of style.  "No," I gasped!  I knew I would soon be walking around judged as that girl, who was so out of style, but didn't care because I loved thigh highs!  I loved them with skinny jeans, I loved them with skirts, and I loved them with dresses.  Due to the scientific phenomenon known as evolution, or more so, supply and demand, more styles were created, and I have since purchased faux leather ones, faux suede ones, and patent leather ones.

Even as the brown knee high boot epidemic (and black with brown only at the top, looking from a distance like a single thick brown stripe under your knee, as if you may wear your dad's reversible belt with black on one side brown on the other, horrendous I can't decide if I want to wear black or brown trend continues), I stayed true to my beliefs.

                          
                                      what I call the brown knee high boot epidemic
                                                 (photo found online on imgur.com)
I encourage you to own your own sense of style.  There is only one you.  

In fall 2014, the thigh high, excuse me OTK boots came back with a vengeance!  I don't think they are extremely popular, since they don't coincide with the 90's grunge plaid shirt look that is also on trend, but they are prevalent, and I will be sale searching all season long!  Since my Wet Seal pointy toe stiletto OTK's are slightly big, and weren't ideal for comfort, I had since found comfy flat ones for walking around NYC, or on a more casual day, but have yet to part with my first pair of black pointy cat woman ones, but probably should!  My flat ones were worn so often that holes are worn through the heels.  I have to admit they weren't heels of quality and had no arch support whatsoever, which is why I upgraded my OTK flats.

Read more about my other fabulous OTK finds here: http://2stronggirlscoutureandmore.blogspot.com/2015/01/role-models-boots.html  

My latest find was finally a pair of cocoa brown OTKs!  No they aren't flat, and that search is ongoing, but these are quite comfortable!  I ordered 2 sizes from Macy's and went with the size 6. Dandra by Guess.  I will only be wearing them thigh high, but they can be worn 3 ways:
1.  straight up the thigh
2.  folded down below the knee
3.  scrunched down, by pulling from the ankle and up

They are currently available in black and black suede at www.macys.com



(pictured in black, photo courtesy of www.macys.com)


OTK (and NKOTB too) I heart you!

-Erin
*Products mentioned were purchased with  my own money and not sponsored.

No comments:

Post a Comment