Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Nike Studio Wraps & PiYo

If I haven't given you enough hints in a few of my posts about over-the-knee boots, I will tell you straight out that I LOVE shoes!  I love them enough that I found a pair to wear when most people go barefoot! 

 I'm talkin' about during yoga!  Namaste.
I prefer a more upbeat workout, with music pumping, like PiYo!
PiYo is a low-impact, high-intensity body-transformation program that uses the most effective pilates-and yoga-inspired moves to sculpt long, lean muscles and burn fat.
I like to call it Yoga for Rebels!

Despite the name, it's SO much more than just yoga and pilates.  
PiYo is full of dynamic flowing movements.  It's faster than yoga, but you will notice a few yoga and pilates moves throughout. 
What I like about it is I don't have to be a treadmill bunny in the  morning, and then still have to fit in my toning moves later in the day.  It works on sculpting muscles using my own body weight, so I don't  need equipment, and I also burn calories and break a sweat since I'm moving the whole time!  When I'm moving non-stop instead of holding static poses, my heart rate stays up and I get both my cardio and weight training workout out of the way in one good hour.

Back to my new shoe find!  Form is of utmost importance during PiYo because to shape my muscle tone, I have to concentrate on my core and my limbs, and can't be sticking to a floor in sneakers or sliding on my bare feet.  
If you are into Yoga or PiYo I recommend Nike Studio Wraps!  They prevent slipping, but allow for movement.  I use them on a sticky yoga mat, and off as well!  Let's talk comfort!  I thought I would be bothered by the fabric between my toes, but I don't even feel it!  They are a perfect fit, and run true to size.  They provide protection from the cold dirty studio floor, and from dirt and germs, and are easy to bring to and from class when stored in the cute bag included with purchase that I wrap around my wrist.  I give them five stars!





Everyone comments on how cute they are too!  They come in a variety of colors, and some come with an ankle wrap for added support, and ballet flats or now boots to wear over them while going to and from class.








a shot of me doing PiYo wearing my Nike Studio Wraps

PiYo Live class is by far my favorite class at the gym.
The energy in a room with good music just pushes me harder!
The class shows a glimpse of all of the moves featured in the PiYo home DVDs.
It's always harder than most people think, but everyone loves it and comes back for more, both men and women! Try something new!  You might be surprised!
To find a PiYo Live class in your area:

Michelle and I snapped a sweaty selfie after taking PiYo together!

PiYo also has a home version, which can be ordered HERE!
(Click 'fitness programs' on left, & for best results I recommend the PiYo Challenge Pack!)

PiYo is for beginners up to elite athletes.  You can go at your own pace, and there is a modifier shown the entire workout on the dvds.  Your instructor will show modifications during class as well!  It comes with 8 workouts 25-45 mins. each.
Everyone can improve their flexibility and balance, and PiYo is geared toward flexibility.
I noticed being more flexible in my hip flexors, which is a part I never really stretched before PiYo, has helped my knee pain.  It has helped rehabilitation after injury, and runners love it since improving flexibility adds to their speed and agility.  My triceps, shoulders, and core have toned up and have noticeable increased strength after PiYo.  I recommend it!

As for my stylish Nike Studio Wraps, I find if I work out in style, I'm less inclined to miss a workout!

The Nike Studio Wraps can be purchased HERE!

-Erin

*Products mentioned were personally purchased by the blogger and not endorsed.  Photos courtesy of store.nike.com, ebay, and the blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment