Sunday, February 8, 2015

Interplay Couture: Grand Opening, Part 1

Erin and I both live in a fairly rural part of New Jersey.  We are only a commutes drive from New York City and within an hour's drive of a few different shopping malls.  And while the mall generally there isn't much in the way of fashionable stores  in the area.  I miss living in Los Angeles and wandering into new stores that aren't chains and stores that carry new designers' lines.  Of course there is online shopping too.  I do do some of my shopping online but I really like to see clothes, and especially try on shoes, in person.  There's something so organic about shopping for clothes the old fashioned way- in stores.  The lack of variety in this area is dismal so when I was driving through town (yes, we call it "town") and saw a store with fashionably dressed mannequins outside my interest was immediately piqued!

I drove by a few more times but never stopped in.  I'm sure you are wondering why I never stopped, and honestly, that's because it's difficult to park in that area and dragging my two young, although darling, children into a small store like that can be incredibly difficult.  Instead I Googled the store, Interplay Couture (InterPlayCouture.com), and was immediately taken with their message.  The Interplay Couture's brand is something I really identify with and that is "You can look like all of them or you can look like one of you!  Your choice, your chance."  I liked what I saw online but again, without trying things on and seeing the craftsmanship of the items, I was hesitant to order.

Fast forward several months.....I was still driving by Interplay Couture and wanting to go in but for some reason never did....I started following them on social media.  I even told Erin about the store and we talked about going some time.

Fast forward another couple of months and I was so excited to see them announce a new store opening in a nearby town.  The original store is in Newton, New Jersey and the second location is in Sparta, New Jersey.  The new store is located at 41 Theatre Center in Sparta, NJ.  There is plenty of close parking and its very conveniently located.  Erin and I attended their grand opening and it was a lot of fun!

Erin and I got to try on some of the clothes and accessories that Lynn Cohen, InterPlayCouture's Fashionista Extraordinaire, carries in her store.  Trying on clothes is always fun!  The sales staff are helpful and knowledgeable and the store is artfully arranged by color.  I'll be talking more about Lynn Cohen and her views on fashion and shopping soon, but first I want to share with you a darling coat that I fell in love with at her grand opening party.


Isn't it adorable?  Obviously I would not pair it with this specific dress but notice how the collar can be worn multiple ways.  The collar actually has wire in it so it can be worn up, or popped, down, curled, or any other way you can imagine.  The collar is definitely a selling point for me as I like to wear my clothes multiple ways.  As you can see the coat is also double breasted and can be closed multiple ways.  I didn't take a picture of the back view but the fitted waist gives it a flattering, slight flair that is sophisticated and pretty.  Normally I would not have gravitated to this fabric but I changed my mind when I put it on.  The color changes from golden to mustard as the light changes and can be worn with lots of coordinating or contrasting colors.  Again, probably not a royal blue and black striped dress but did you notice that I was wearing royal blue again?!  If you don't recall my new royal blue obsession, you can read about it here.  

I'm excited to support a new fashionable venture in this area and to have fun shopping with the InterPlay Couture staff again.  The employees both have a good eye for fashion and what suits your body type.  I am planning on trying on their Miracle Jeans next time I go.  They are super stretchy, available in several styles and supposed to be slimming.  Oh, and the accessories she has are beyond amazing.  I am just excited to go back and talk about it more!  

InterPlay Couture has lots of other innovative, fresh clothing pieces that we don't normally see in this area.  They do some of the designing and creating on premises and tailor there as well.  I invite you to check them out and check back in the next week or two for my interview with Lynn Cohen and more about InterPlay Couture.  

-Michelle

*Photos are courtesy of the blogger.  This is an independent review not endorsed by a product or company.

You can check out InterPlay Couture online here and they even offer Skype shopping if you aren't nearby!

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Subscribe to us on BlogLovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105

No comments:

Post a Comment