Sunday, February 15, 2015

Tutu Trimmed Coat

I love tutus and all things tutu inspired.  Tutu and puffy skirts are some of my favorite things in the world (read about my love for them here).  I love the whimsy of puffy skirts and dresses and about a year and a half ago I saw a picture of a tutu trimmed coat on Pinterest that arguably changed my life.  I saw this coat and I absolutely, hands down, 100%, knew it from my core needed to own it.  

The original photo that changed everything was this one:
Even now when I see it I get all tingly and happy.  I followed the Pinterest link and found it for sale at an online boutique and here is their link.  The price of the coat at the time was about $210.00.  I showed the photos longingly to my husband who told me to buy it but I just couldn't bring myself to click confirm at the end of the sale.  Money was tight and I knew that I couldn't wear that coat on a daily basis.  I love my girls but I reserve white clothing for special occasions these days.  So I continued to day dream about the tutu trimmed coat.

Fast forward to March of last year.  Spring was beginning and I had nearly forgotten about the beautiful coat.  Then, of course, on Pinterest another picture of the same coat popped up but in a navy color with pink trim.  My eyes nearly fell out of my head and I jumped for joy when I clicked the link for it, found here, and found it for only $78.00!  It looks like at this time they only have navy but they also had black and the white with black accents back then.  This time I didn't hesitate and purchased it!  I was so excited to have found it for so much less even if it meant waiting several months to get to enjoy it.

And now I own it!  Yay!
The tutu trim is actually detachable.  There is a row of buttons on the inside that attach the tulle.  I like that it has that feature but I haven't used it yet.  I like the tulle bottom too much to remove it.  It probably sounds silly but this coat brings me so much joy.  I feel good wearing it and get many compliments.  Outfits are instantly pulled together by adding such an elegant, fitted piece, and it's fun to accessorize with hats and gloves.  And all silly things aside, I firmly believe you should wear clothes you love.  Buy things you love that fit well.  Invest money in pieces you know you will wear and don't feel that you have to follow every trend that comes along.  

What are some of your favorite wardrobe pieces?  

-Michelle


Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105

*This review was no endorsed or affiliated with any company and the product mentioned was personally purchased.  Photos are courtesy of the blogger and the Aoisos website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment