Saturday, February 21, 2015

Review- Olay Pro-X Microdermabrasion Plus Advanced Cleansing System

We all know that we are supposed to take care of skin and how important it is to wash your face at the end of the day.  And while I definitely know washing your face at the end of the day is basically the number one rule of beauty, I am usually so tired that I forget or can't muster the energy to do it.  I've talked about my skin before, and how I am noticing signs of aging, but my skin has also been looking dull and my pores look like craters.  I think I was past the point of just some noxema and warm water at the end of the day...I needed an intervention.  I have heard many rave reviews of the Clarisonic Mia Cleansing Brush and was interested in trying it but spending approximately $100 on a fancy brush to wash my face seemed a tiny bit excessive...After all it is just a recharageable brush that you use with facial wash to wash your face.  Depending on the model, the Clarisonic is said to wash your face 6-11 times better than just using your hands and that's what I needed, along with remembering to use, but the price point really held me back.  So I did what I do best!  I went shopping!  I read reviews and shopped around and found the Olay Pro-X Microdermabrasion Plus Advanced Cleansing System which not only cleanses but also has a microdermabrasion brush and cleanser that you can buy refills for at the drug store.  Even better was the price!  Amazon currently has the Olay Pro-X Microdermabrasion Plus Advanced Cleansing System listed for approximately $37.  I was shopping for it in December and found a lightening deal on it on Amazon for only $20!  Score!

Let me tell you, I LOVE this product!  I am still struggling to get into the routine of washing my face every single night but I am seeing and feeling results despite a few (or a lot!) of slip ups!  My pores are much clearer and my skin is feeling much softer.  I have not noticed results yet with fine lines disappearing but really, I am the only one to blame on that.  Even if I don't see results with my fine lines, I am still absolutely sold on this product.  My skin is smoother, feels very soft, and is no longer nearly as dull.  It was definitely worth the price I paid but I would pay full price for it all over again after knowing how well it works.

I have two small complaints about the Olay Pro-X Microdermabrasion Plus Advanced Cleansing System though.  Just two, teensie, weensie complaints!  The first is that the bottles of cleanser and thermal crystal polisher for the microdermabrasion are very small.  They need to be replaced after just a few uses.  So be prepared to invest a few more dollars almost immediately.  In my opinion, that is still completely worth it and a good value. My second small qualm is that the enclosed directions with this product are not very specific or thorough.  I was unclear about whether to put the cleanser and polisher on my skin or the brush to get started.  I tried both ways and now actually put a little on my wet skin and a little on the brush.  One time I did leave the brush on the microdermabrasion setting, also the fastest setting, on one spot for too long and my skin got a tiny bit irritated.  That was my fault and now I know.  It was not terribly painful or anything but just be aware that that can happen.  

If you are in the market for a cleansing brush then I very much recommend the Olay Pro-X Microdermabrasion Plus Advanced Cleansing System!  Anyone else use it and love it?

-Michelle

*Photo courtesy of the Olay.com
*This was an independent, non sponsered review.  The products mentioned were personally purchased.

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105

No comments:

Post a Comment