Sunday, February 8, 2015

Shopping at InterPlay Couture: Grand Opening, Part 2

Michelle and I were invited to a local boutique's grand opening party.  We bared the cold NJ weather and icy parking lot in heels to be greeted by Francine, Michelle, and owner Lynn Cohen.  The store, Interplay Couture, is one of a kind, with a refreshing take on fashion!  The hum drum trends we tend to see when out and about can be ambiguous each season, with every female looking the same.  As I mentioned in my OTK (over the knee boots)!  Yay or nay? post, the brown boot epidemic and other basic attire leaves no creativity to the wearer's imagination, nor its onlookers.

Most of the stores items are actually made in store, where owner Lynn puts her own twist on the season's most sought after looks, but that's not all.  She custom creates garments according to a woman's figure and desires.  Her passion seems to inspire her shoppers to take a second look at their inner style, and Lynn creates it for them when they don't know where to begin.  Out with the drab, and in with the self-admiration these hard working women deserve.  They leave the shop looking as fabulous on the outside as they are on the inside, whilst leading their busy non-stop lifestyles of parenthood, marriage, and the business world.

During the grand opening party, I felt like a celebrity, but in a friend's home.  We were immediately greeted and our jackets and handbags were set aside for us, in exchange for a champagne flute and we were led to hors d'oeuvre platters.  We were given a tour around the racks, which to my liking were organized by color.  The organizer in me loved that, since that is how I organize my personal closet as well!  Francine acted as our personal stylist, and showed us special garments from each rack that were crafted with care, all eye-catching due to features such as jackets with a mix of multidimensional fabrics, and details that made it a stand out piece, making the woman wearing it stand out as well.

Michelle and I each tried on a few pieces, and our stylist helped us adjust it for the perfect look according to our body types, and then accessorized it to get a true feel for the look and how amazing we felt while wearing it.  The store also had jewelry, shoes, and other accessories featured throughout.

I tried on an olive faux leather skirt that I love!  Francine picked it up and I immediately said, "I love leather!"  Faux of course.  Once it was on, I fell in love with the assymetrical zippers, and thought of a recent olive heels purchase I made (blog coming shortly about the heels!)  The extra zippers really added to it, and the leather was incredibly soft.

I also tried on an animal print head wrap, which I never would have chosen for myself, but once it, it really felt like something I would wear.  It was warm, fashionable, and would create a put together look during the winter days, as opposed to my knit hats that add a world of static to my hairstyle!



Beautiful colors, as well as muted neutrals surrounded us.  An in store model also changed her outfit throughout the night, and seeing the pieces off the hangers really made them shine!

Lynn's innovation really caught my attention!  She offers Skype shopping for customers not in the area, and this has been a big hit to many of her customers!  To own one of a kind pieces that make you look dynamite can't be any easier with Lynn as your personal stylist.  She has an eye for current fashion, and was generous to welcome us into her shop for the evening.  Stay tuned for her TV commercial to air shortly on major networks.

Michelle described our visit in Part 1 here.

Lynn can be found below to set up a Skype appt. or stop into her Sparta, NJ store:
@iPlayCouture
fb: Interplay Couture
ig: interplaycouture

-Erin

*Photos courtesy of bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment