Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Best Workout Pants Ever

Exercise clothes have come a long way since Olivia Newton John's "Let's Get Physical" video with  80's hi cut leotards with leg warmers, or white slouch socks and Jazzercise sneakers.  That doesn't mean functional workout clothes are easy to come by!  Cute matchy matchy workout clothes are sold all over, but they don't last very long!  They stretch out before the day is done, let along the quality change after a few washes.


I have gotten very critical in regards to what I wear to workout.  I can't have the distraction of being self conscious while squatting and lifting weights, or bending over in a downward dog covered in sweat.  I want to focus on form, and not wonder if my undies are showing!  I have tried many brands that people suggest, but I found my all time favorite workout pants.  They compress and breathe at the same time, they stay in place, and don't stretch bigger as the day goes on.  The full length are my favorite and do not shrink up throughout the day!   Compression is my friend when I hit the gym, and these compress to the max! I find them to fit true to size.     

First place goes to KNOCKOUT BY VICTORIA'S SECRET TIGHT!

The fit is just perfect!  They do not ever slide down revealing the bum.  Workout pants are only comfortable to me if I don't have to keep adjusting the back!  I can squat with pride haha! They offer solid colors, but I prefer fun prints while I workout!  They offer full length, capri, cropped, high waist, and stirrup.  The full length doesn't ride up and become too short.  The capris and cropped are no looser or thinner in material than the full length either.  The stores seem to run out of variety quickly and I find that online has a bigger selection of KNOCKOUT leggings!

knockout capri

I also purchased the stirrup tights online after trying them on during the semi-annual sale, and regretfully did not purchase and they were sold out next visit.  You snooze, you loose.  They are a silky shinier material and super stylish if you ask me!  Thankfully, they were available online!

     

The stirupps are great for PiYo workouts!
They can also be worn without the stirrup and it just looks like a cute cutout if even noticeable!

I did happen to find some by Victoria Secret's PINK line during the semi-annual sale and they fit quite similarly.
(cheetah are PINK, 2 prints are KNOCKOUT)





Confidence takes you far in life, and the fit of these gives me a take charge attitude because I have no fear of ill fitting problems sneaking up on me, going unnoticed until a friend stares at a weird area, causing me to look down and realize my stomach has been sticking out the whole time I've been walking around Target after the gym!  When you feel better you do more, and when you look good you're less likely to skip your workout so awww snap!  SO many logical reasons to justify my owning so many pairs of these wonderful wicking fabric specimens.  Can there really be too much of a good thing?  Nah, especially when they get full of sweat every day!  Must stay fresh and clean!  A girl needs options. 

A close second are Gap Body pants, with a similar fit, although I have only tried the capri length.  Next on my list to try:  Lorna Jane, Lululemon, and Athletica

KNOCKOUT tights can be found at www.victoriassecret.com  Reach out to me on twitter or facebook if you decide to try out this style of leggings!  I'd love to hear about your picks!

-Erin

*All products mentioned were purchased personally and were not endorsed by the company.
First photo courtesy of Google search.  Leggings photos courtesy of Victoria's Secret online. Last 2 are owned by blogger.

*Update: 27Apr215 correction of "Let's Get Physical" artist.

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM

No comments:

Post a Comment