Saturday, February 28, 2015

I Love Hair Stuff

One of the most wonderful things about great style is that you can wear what you love.  I know that I have said it before but I absolutely stand by wearing things you love and make you feel good.  We all have certain pieces in our wardrobe that we gravitate towards and certain styles that we buy and wear time and time again.  For me, one of the style things I love is hair "stuff."  Hats, headbands, clips, scarves, bows, vintage hair accessories, hand made hair accessories, and flowers.  I love them all and I love them more if they are hand made or one of a kind!  Ever since becoming a Mom I struggle with finding enough time to get my look together before World War Three breaks out in my house.  That makes it sound like it takes me three hours to get ready which absolutely isn't true, but finding a half hour to an hour with two small kids running around takes some serious time management and magic skills.  One of the ways I maintain my sense of style, and therefore confidence, is hair accessories.  Even if I only have time for leggings and a tunic, when I clip in one of my favorite hair clips then I automatically feel more pulled together.  On the days when I don't have time to fix my hair and it's looking crazy then I slide on a turban style headband or hat and voila, so much better!

Lately one of my favorites is this turban.  Obviously black goes with everything and depending on how I wear it, I can camouflage my bangs or pull it low over my forehead.  I wore it on my last vacation to the beach to keep my hair out of the way on a particularly windy day.  I just love it.

Fedoras are classic and I always like to travel with one.  It is so easy to hide frizz or limp hair from traveling or too much fun the night before.  Sometimes a fedora pulls a whole outfit together which I think is true for this look.  My family and I visited Philadelphia and it was raining.  I knew my hair would be a hot mess without being covered and this hat was a god send on that early, rainy morning.
Flower head bands were big the past two summers and I am hoping they come back again this year.  They are so cute and fun!
One of my favorite hair accessories is a huge, royal blue flower.  I don't wear it that often but I do love to bring it out occasionally.  I recently wore it at a grand opening party for a local store, Interplay Couture.  You can see more and read more about that here.
I saw the cutest hair clip during NYFW that was a teeny, tiny birds nest.  I had to have one and recently ordered this handmade one of Etsy.  It's a cute way to celebrate spring and I can't wait to start wearing it.
Isn't it adorable?  The link to the Etsy shop can be found here.  I think this clip will be super cute with jeans and a t shirt or a spring dress and cardigan.

Sometimes I feel like I am the only one wearing hair accessories.  That's totally fine by me but I would love to hear from you as to whether you love them too or not.  Thoughts?

-Michelle

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105

*Photos courtesy of the blogger with the exception of the last photo.  The last photo is from Fairies Welcome on Etsy.  This was an independent, non sponsored blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment