Sunday, March 1, 2015

Joggers

I am absolutely loving all the new styles of joggers that flooded stores and social media lately.  I bought my first two pairs almost two years ago after I had my youngest daughter.  One pair is soft and reminiscent of 80s parachute pants and the others are soft denim.  I was a bit early with the trend but I wore them non stop for awhile.  I'm glad they are back and hope they stick around for a couple of seasons!  How can you go wrong with a comfy, elastic waist and so many styles to choose from?!

Not familiar with joggers yet?  Basically, joggers are elastic waist or drawstring pants that are not skin` tight and have elastic around the ankles.  Here is a basic style that I recently purchased:

These are obviously for casual wear.  I wear them with a tshirt, cropped sweatshirt to balance out the bagginess, sneakers, and a beanie.  They can be a great alternative to yoga pants for when you want to be comfortable and on the go but maybe don't want to wear something completely form fitting.  We certainly all have those days!

Joggers can also be found with patterns and in a variety of fabrics.  I love the aztec and graphic prints that popped up recently.  They are really wearable and easy to pair with a solid top or coordinating print.  I bought these cute ones at Target yesterday:
Express and Victoria's Secret both have cute, cropped styles too.  I'm looking for a pair for spring that can be dressed up a bit more.  I have even seen some darling harem style joggers.  I'm not sure that I can pull off the trend but they are super cute and I will be trying them on during my next shopping trip.  Anyone seen any cute ones?

I think most body styles can wear joggers and I love that about them.  You may need to play around a bit with the cut, pocket placement, and pattern.  Cuts that are closer to the hip and leg may be more flattering or easier to pair tops with.  Baggy styles are comfortable but make sure to balance your top correctly.  A baggy top and baggy joggers may look frumpy.  Diagonally placed pockets can add additional bulk and aren't always flattering so be careful with them.  I love the contrasting detail of the pockets on the ones I got at Target those.  The contrasting black against the pattern is actually genius!  It is very flattering on me.  Score!  Let me know if you have bought joggers yet and what you are wearing them with!

-Michelle

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105

*This review is a non sponsored review.  Photos are courtesy of the Forever21 and Target websites respectively.





No comments:

Post a Comment