Sunday, March 29, 2015

Vault 28 at Downtown Disney

If you follow us on Twitter than you may recall that I am in the Los Angeles area this week with my girls.  If you aren't following us on Twitter then you definitely should be! Add us to your Twitter feed at @2StrongGirlsCM !  Anyway, back to LA.  I was super excited to come enjoy the weather and get my fashion fix.  I always feel rejuvenated after being here.  This trip has been a bit of an exception though... it's been much more focused on my daughters' fun then it has been on anything else.  We went to Downtown Disney a couple of days ago and I was happy to find a cute, little store called "Vault 28."  I was expected a tween or teen store with a Disney theme but was pleasantly surprised to find a quirky, darker side to Disney represented in fashion for all ages.  They had everything from baby onesies to fabulous fashion finds for me! 


I was surprised to find brands like Billabong, Mighty Fine, and Harajuku Lovers there.  Everything was arranged to be easily accessible an aesthetically pleasing.  They made it very easy to create outfits by pairing coordinating clothes together with accessories nearby. 


There were lots of sassy nods to Disney and Disney movies throughout the store.  Next to some gothic looking compacts and accessories there was shiny, red apples like in Snow White.  One wall had Mickey Mouse heads with skulls and cross bones spray painted on it and the Cheshire Cat smiles menacingly at you from a corner shelf.  It was dark without being overtly scary, and a welcome break from the singsong cheeriness that generally surrounds Disney. 





If you get the chance while at Downtown Disney, I really recommend stopping in.  If anything just go to look at Disney from a different perspective.

-Michelle

*All photos courtesy of the blogger
*This is an independent, non sponsored review

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls

Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105-10941499


No comments:

Post a Comment