Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Boyfriend Jean

Have you spent time at the mall, or at a designer store, trying on pair after pair, in search of perfect fitting jeans?  Have you found one pair and stuck to it, because it’s not too tight and not too big in all the important places?  One of the hardest fits to find is jeans, coming in 2nd place to, in my opinion, bathing suit bottoms! It must be the material, which actually there is thick material, thin material, stretchy material, and non stretchy material.  Jeans have adapted with the millenium, from a sturdy denim to a non-denim, and from dungaroos to jeggings.  I like the stretchy kind, that hug your curves and are the most comfy.

Suddenly, someone, somewhere, decided, and many people jumped on board with the idea to wear jeans that are way too big, without hugging the boo-tay, rolled up like in a flood and those someones said it was stylish!  Even the name eludes to the fact this was a last resort situation that was done with embarrassment, to get from point A to point B after some sort of wardrobe mishap.  I imagine it took place in the city, where she had to walk a distance, passing by many onlookers, but it seems as though she appeared so confident and eye-catching in her makeshift attire to get home, that every girl who noticed her on the streets of NY that day ran home to recreate this trend.  Sometimes my imagination gets away from me, but judging from the popularity all around me, may I present to you, the trend-setting award winner known to all as The Boyfriend Jean.  Please.  I highly doubt that I would ever borrow my boyfriend’s jeans.  I would borrow a button up work shirt and make it into a dress by adding a tie around my waist,  or borrow his gym pants or shorts until I could get to Target if I couldn’t make it 24 hrs in his comfy sweats, which I voluntarily chose to do often, but in the privacy of my family room.   They will never be considered part of my wardrobe, or become a trendsetter.  Boyfriend jeans just do not flatter the figure.  There are different cuts and fits, but pancake butt isn't my go to look, and in most cases, they look like they are heavy and about to fall down.  Either way it  looks as though the girl is about to go paint her apartment in them, and she may or may not need suspenders to do so.  As a fan of fitted clothing, denim adds weight and width, which is totally unnecessary, and will disproportion our bottom half, no matter who is wearing them.  Rolling them up only adds to the shortening disproportioned illusion.  Another fashion dud that I hope leaves quickly, and at least I wont have a huge butted pair of heavy jeans taking up space in my closet.

Photo from http://www.melbournegirl.com.au/2014/04/09/5-best-boyfriend-jeans/

-Erin

*Opinions are solely owned by the blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment