Wednesday, March 11, 2015

White Lace Dresses

I recently got the thought in my mind that I wanted a white lace cover up for this summer.  I must have seen one while glancing at a website after getting an auto generated sale email because I cannot pinpoint why I started thinking about it so often.  I also can't picutre in my mind exactly what I want, whereas usually I see an item of clothing I like and use it as inspiration to find one similar.  Maybe this image was created in my imagination, and a quick type in the search field of some online shops I was browsing just didn't bring up the look I had in mind...even though I didn't have a specified look pictured in my mind.  I didn't want a typical lace dress with an elastic band covered by a skinny belt with a flowy lace bottom which was so common a couple years ago when lace first made its comeback.  Every now and then I thought about it and searched another site I thought of, and nothing in particular would catch my eye.  I have been checking Forever 21 more often than ever because they have really upgraded some of their pieces!  I wonder at what age I will stop shopping there haha.  I can't imagine doing so actually, and I'm over ten years past being Forever "21!"  Last week's search revealed 2 lace pieces that held my attention!  They are cream, and I wanted stark white, and they are also more crocheted than lacey but I placed the order!

A funny fact about me is that I love receiving mail!  I know it's mostly bills, but I love the excitement of the unknown and of the arrival of things I want.  Nowadays, I only order things I really truly want, so the anticipation gets a hold of me.  I checked the tracking status and knew the package was to arrive on a Wednesday, but with feet of snow blocking my mailbox, I stood in the falling snow at the end of my driveway and waved down the mail lady.  Honestly, I didn't have to waive her down because she knows me, and knows I wait outside for her to directly hand me my packages.  Cut me some slack, I have only been doing this due to the snow pile up and to avoid driving to the next town's post office which is only open during the hours that I work!  Anyway, the first dress was the strangest length, which I expected from the website's photo.  It hit between the knee and ankle.  Most would want it to the knee or ankle, but that's one of the reasons I liked it!  I also liked the large pattern, and that it came with a shorter slip underneath.  It was a slight disappointment though, with large hanging armpits making the cut much wider than I'd preferred.  There is also a seam line at the waist separating the top from the bottom. I haven't decided yet if I will return it though because I think it was just not what I was expecting.  I like fitted clothing that is easy to move in.  The dark color also reminds me of an antique doily, as if it was dipped in tea to achieve the color.  I was picturing flat lace fabric instead of crochet, so I'm torn about it since I do like the bottom and the look.  What is your opinion of dress #1?

 Forever 21 Ornate Crochet Maxi Dress


The second dress I immediately cut the tag off!  I loved the circle beaded look to the neck trim, and love the bottom pointed trim as well.  It is more eggshell, so not as dark as the first dress shown above.  I still think what I had in mind was more like a white large mesh striped dress or maybe I'm thinking of a crop top I saw.  Either way, this is a keeper!  Do you agree?


Forever 21 Ornate Crochet Tunic Dress

I color coordinate my closet so I can find things easier and match my outfits without a big widespread search each day.  As I was hanging up dress #2, I saw a crocheted maxi dress!  I have been rediscovering my wardrobe lately, as if it's been packed away in another country for years!  I couldn't believe I already had a cream long maxi dress, with a shorter under layer, just like dress #1, except it was a basic crochet stitch instead of a large patterned stitch.  It all came back to me.  I had seen it in Kohl's the summer prior, and didn't get it.  Then I saw it there again a second time for $9 and got it.  I still didn't know if I was keeping it, because it was a little bit plain and a little bit heavy to pack for a vacation.  Despite the weight, I knew it would be a perfect evening dinner dress on a future beach vacation with a bright stone long necklace, so it made the cut.


Kohl's past season - no longer available

Once I found out I already had this one, was it really necessary to keep the above?  My goal is to have a wardrobe of mainly key pieces that are wearable more than once a year.  I guess I have 30 days from purchase to decide!  What's your advice?  Comment below, on facebook, or send a twitter message to @2StrongGirlsCM

Dresses 1 & 2 were purchased at www.forever21.com
Dress 3 was purchased at www.kohls.com


*All pieces mentioned were purchased and not endorsed.  Photos are courtesy of pinterest.

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105-10941499

No comments:

Post a Comment