Monday, June 8, 2015

Burt's Bees Review

This year I am on a mission to include more natural products in my makeup bag and beauty routine.  Erin always has good suggestions, of course, but sometimes I need products that I can grab while out running errands rather than order and wait to be shipped.  So really, I need products that I can buy locally and also favorites that I don't mind ordering.

Burt's Bees certainly isn't a new company on the beauty market; however, I didn't pay it much attention.  I figured it was another one of those companies that try to market themselves as being " all natural" but then only some of the products actually are.  I finally got around to doing some research and was surprised and impressed to find that over half their products are 100% natural and on average most are 99% natural.  How great is that?!  You can purchase Burt's Bees products at many local stores including Target and Walgreens which I shop at regularly.

One of the products I was looking to replace was my old standby Chapstick.  I had been using original Chapstick, with the black label, since I was old enough to buy my own products.  Only recently did I actually take time to read the label and discover some of the alarming products in it.  I am a huge lip balm addict so finding a replacement product needed to happen and fast!  I tried the EOS egg and wasn't impressed.  The egg was heavy in my bag and I had read time and time again that they get moldy quickly so I was constantly checked for mold.  I wasn't impressed at all.  My lips were dry and I  hated the egg.  And that's when I finally got around to researching other natural lip balms and Burt's Bees came up.


I figured that basic Chapstick worked for so long that I would try the original Burt's Bees Beeswax Balm first.  It's great!  Creamy, moisturizing and feels like Chapstick.  A no brainer switch for me!

Next, I tried the Calming lotion with lavender.  It's from the Burt's Bees Baby Bee collection.  The smell of lavender is pleasant and relaxing and lotion is thick and creamy.  It does take a little longer than some other lotions to absorb in the skin but it doesn't leave skin greasy or sticky.  My kids like it and I use it all the time too.  It isn't as awesome as the Karma Kreme by Lush Cosmetics that I absolutely love... but it is less expensive and a good lotion too.  

And lastly, now that it's summer I always carry facial cleansing cloths in my pool and beach bags.  I have to wipe the sunscreen, sweat, sand, and pool off my face before leaving.  Last year I used some cleansing cloths by Neutrogena.  I didn't have any complaints per say, but I wasn't exactly impressed either.  This year I went with Burt's Bees Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleansing Towelettes.  Holy moly do these smell great!  The grapefruit smell is refreshing and they do seem to deeply clean my face rather than just smearing the gunk the around.  They are just $3.79 at Target too!  I bought a pack to keep in the car for after the gym too.  I highly recommend these.  
I'm feeling happy with my recent product swaps.  Not only am I putting fewer chemicals on my skin, according to the Burt's Bees website, their company is looking out for both their customers and the planet.  They believe in sustainability and include it in their business model and I can completely respect that!  I am a happy, new Burt's Bees customer.  Have you tried their products yet?

-Michelle

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105-10941499

*Products discussed were personally purchased and this was a non sponsored review.  Photos courtesy of Burt's Bees.




No comments:

Post a Comment