Monday, June 15, 2015

Twisted Skirts

Lately I haven't been too inspired by fashion.  I still love summer dresses, maxi skirts, and joggers, but everything else has been very blah to me lately...very uninspired, and not anything that interests me.  This could possibly be because I am 24 weeks pregnant and most maternity clothes are terrible.  That's a post for a different day though!  Then the other day I saw a "twisted skirt" on Pinterest, though, and automatically fell in love.

The one pictured above was featured on the Daily Look.  I mean, how could you not love it? It's long and short all at once.  It is visually interesting, flattering to the legs, and looks very comfortable.  LOVE it!  

And now I am obsessed.  I spent entirely too long searching for the maternity version.  Sadly, I didn't come across one.  I did see several variations including short versions but I adore the short/long.  It's just cool to be both short and long at the same time!

Asos has this short, twisted skirt.  It is still interesting and fresh, but doesn't hold the same appeal to me as the long/short versions.  

I could not find the source of the maxi skirt version of the twisted skirt (that's a mouth full!) of the one below.  It was the closest to a maternity version that I could find.  From the picture it's hard to tell how big the opening at the bottom of the skirt is and if walking would be difficult.  What do you think?  

I am really hoping this trend hangs around for awhile.  I think pairing this type of skirt would be fun and it would still be comfortable and wearable.  What do you think of these twisted skirts?  Comment and let me know!

-Michelle

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105-10941499

*Photos courtesy of Asos and Daily Look.  The source of the third photo is unknown.  Opinions are that of the blogger.





No comments:

Post a Comment