Sunday, April 12, 2015

Bandanna Necklaces and Monograms

Earlier this week the Zoe Report talked about bandanna necklaces starting to take over for statement necklaces.  Bandannas tied around the neck, either rolled and worn closely tied to the neck, or folded in a triangle and worn in the traditional bandanna sense are now replacing statement necklaces with Ts or cropped tops.  I'm not going to lie, I was pretty against the whole bandanna thing when I initially heard about it.  Surely, I can't be the only one who had the initial reaction of "seriously, bandannas...isn't that a little too kitschy?!"  I admit that I totally dismissed it until I saw it again on Harper's Bazaar Spring 2015 Trends List and again on Pop Sugar.  By the time I saw it on Pop Sugar I was more convinced that it could be done in a more grown up, trendy way and not just straight cow girl.  Here's one of the photos that convinced me, courtesy of katreeeens of Instagram.
I love that she paired her polka dot bandanna with a moto jacket, wide brimmed hat, and lots of rings.  Wide brimmed hats are also huge right now, as well as the rings.  Moto jackets are always in and the sweet polka dots contrast beautifully with the rough, rocker essence of the jacket.  I love her look.

The second emerging trend that I find fun and interesting is monogramming shirts with your name or initials.  Of course the south has been monogramming everything for forever, but adults in monogrammed shirts is a new take on an old southern favorite.  Harper's Bazaar showed Gigi Hadid wearing a monogrammed shirt on April 3, 2015 and she looked absolutely adorable.  I don't know that I would personally repeat the sheer with the black bra underneath, but she looked super cute.
I think this same sheer shirt, monogrammed, would look adorable as a bathing suit cover up, tucked into wide leg pants, or warn as a cardigan over a maxi dress.  Both bandannas as necklaces and monogrammed shirts are very wearable and can be done a hundred different ways.  I am now excited to try both out soon and will post pictures to show you!  What about you?  Have you tried either trend?  Planning on it?

And hey, yet again I am featuring outfits in Black and White.  I did the same thing on Friday...It's safe to say that I obviously know what I like!  

-Michelle

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105

*Photos courtesy of Harper's Bazaar and katreeeens on Instagram via Pop Sugar.  Opinions are that of the blogger and this is a non sponsored review.


No comments:

Post a Comment