Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Mirrored Ink Blot Dresses


I actually love symmetrical looks and I know things in threes are in style for home decor, but as for fashion I prefer symmetry!

Last summer I came across a white dress adorned with pastel scroll like shapes at Arden B.  The image was mirrored, meaning identical on the right and left sides of the dress. I happened to love the array of colors on the dress, and the light pastel colors created a lighter feel to the look and could be accessorized with diamond jewelry, also white, or one of the many colors within the dress!


Dress: Arden B Mirrored Scroll

I wore it with white wedge shoes, but a colored shoe would also pull the look together!  This dress is actually what opened my mind up to wearing white more often, and I now buy a lot more pieces in crisp white than I ever did prior to this dress find!

Las Vegas June 2014

Another one of my purchases last summer was a similar mirrored dress, or ink blog dress, as I prefer to call it!  It is high neck with mainly black and white and some muted color.  It is adorned with hummingbirds and butterflies and I just loved it!


Forever 21 Mirrored Botancial Bodycon Dress

It wasn't long after, I found a bright colored dress of a similar style in TJ Maxx! The bold colors are so happy and summer like, and it can be worn day or night!  Last summer I paired the bright dress with neon yellow jewelry from Forever 21 for a fun summer night out in Aruba!

Dress Brand: Soprano     Aruba August 2014


I have since purchased neon yellow patent pointed toe heels by Calvin Klein that would go well with the colors of this dress! (Also found at TJ Maxx!)

Calvin Klein pumps (photo courtesy of www.ebay.com)

I refer to these as my ink blot dresses because they remind me of the stereotypical psychology ink blog test where you are questioned with what image appears.  Even though the dress images are actually recognizable, I think the name suits each dress.  

This summer, I've seen both a lot of mirrored dresses, as well as random floral print with no order. Random prints whether floral or geometric seem to create a flat look, where as a mirrored images tend to draw the eye to a woman's curves.  I prefer extenuating my curves and love mirrored prints!  Actually, I even like having the same width bracelet on each wrist if not the exact same thick width bracelet on each wrist, even though I don't wear it often.   The symmetry just pulls a look together, in my eyes anyway.

The above three dresses are quite unconventional, since neutrals and solids are easier for every day looks, but fashion should be fun!  Feel free to share your favorite dress from your closet!

-Erin

*All products mentioned were personally purchased and not endorsed by the companies.

Note: Arden B is no longer in business, but was owned by the same owner of Wet Seal.  I hold on tightly to all my previous purchases from Arden B since I loved the quality of most of their items!

No comments:

Post a Comment