Friday, April 10, 2015

Wide Leg Pants...Finally!

I admit that I have been anxiously awaiting the end of skinny jeans for awhile.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE them but I hate shopping for them and I hate that I always end up having to get mine heavily tailored.  I think they are flattering on almost every body type and can be worn almost anywhere but with  that being said, they have been very popular for awhile now and I have been ready to see some new silhouettes for a couple of seasons now.

I am so excited that wide leg, straight leg and subtle flare legs are back.  I am looking forward to buying a pair of flares and straight legged pants and reworking my closet with them.  I'm also seeing a lot of palazzo pants.  I am petite so palazzo pants are hard for me to pull off.  They can be very overwhelming on shorter frames and again, I would probably have to get them hemmed.  This time around lots of the palazzo pants I am seeing have details on the bottom so hemming isn't even a good option.  Palazzo pants are easy to confuse with wide leg pants and joggers.  Oh, how I love joggers!  See how much I love joggers here.  Anyway, basically palazzo pants are wide leg pants that usually have an elastic or drawstring waist and are made from light weight, flowing fabrics.  Here's an example of I pair I like on Asos.  I love the bottoms and wish I was tall enough for them.

Wide leg pants can have a zipper and buttom and generally are more tailored in the waist than palazzo pants.  I love them paired with a classic tucked in buttoned shirt or a T shirt and cropped jacket.  Wide legged styles give so many options to play around with proportions.  I find wide legs to be very chic.  These are also available on Asos.  

A subtle flare is a great compromise between a skinny fit and a wide leg.  I see them as being like the gateway pants to wide legged trousers.  They are fitted up top which a lot of women like but the slight width on the bottom balances out hips and gives more footwear options.  Express has some cute pairs right now.  I want to try these on:
They are so classic and the fabrics are Express are amazing.  

And lastly, I can't mention wide leg pants without mentioning culottes.  I just say no to culottes.  I am completely ignoring their existence this time around.  They are not flattering and are difficult to pair with a top of jacket.  

Culottes are the capri or cropped version of wide leg pants.  I have seen them in Elle and Vogue recently and they look so swank when styled by a professional.  They need to be left to professionals or ladies over six feet tall.  They never, in my opinion, look good on anyone else.  These are available on Asos in several different fabrics and not just leather.

I just can't.  Really, really can't.  Kudos to anyone who can though!

Now that my post is finished, I am just noticing that every photo I chose to use has clothes in black and white.  Black and white is my ultimate favorite fashion color combination and I naturally tend to gravitate towards it.  Obviously!  Black and white is so classic and so fun to play around with.  I just had to point that out.

-Michelle

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105

*This is a non sponsored review.  Photos courtesy of Asos and Express.  All opinions are that of the blogger


No comments:

Post a Comment