Sunday, April 5, 2015

Some March Fashion Finds



March was an excellent shopping month for me.  In fact, it was overall a good month for me!  My daughters and I spent nearly two weeks in Southern California soaking up the sun and generally enjoying life away from the cold and dreary days of New Jersey spring.  That trip meant some necessary shopping to refresh my Spring wardrobe.  I purchased a few things before I left but ultimately did more shopping in Orange County, CA.

My size changed from last year so I needed some new shorts.  I went to Forever 21...I know, totally predictable.  I bought two super comfy pairs and they were both at great prices.

The black pair with the crochet lining is super comfortable and very much in style right now.  I am loving all the shorts with peek a boo details, pom pom, or other embellished trim.  Don't you?  They are fun and flirty.  Unfortunately, I did not pay close enough attention and dried them and they shrunk beyond being wearable anymore.  The tag says to lay flat to dry and I definitely didn't.  Oh well.  They were so cute and comfortable that I will definitely repurchase and be more careful!

The terry pair is also very comfortable.  I never find denim shorts comfortable so this terry that mimics denim was a nice choice for me.  

One of my favorite stores in the world is located in Huntington Beach, California.  It's called Fashion Young and it is located on Beach Boulevard next to Target.  I have been shopping there for years and I am never disappointed.  Fashion Young is not in any way upscale.  In fact, it is poorly organized, overcrowded, and their return policy is not very customer friendly.  However, I love it and still shop there despite it being less than perfect.  I have found some of my favorite fashion pieces there and the prices are great.  I always shop there when I am in town.  


During this most recent shopping trip there I found three great new pieces for spring and summer:  two dresses and a fringe vest.  The dresses are a little similar in style but I am loving flowing looks for Spring and both can be layered which is critical here in NJ since the weather varies from day to day. 

So let me show you what I got! I got a sleeves black dress with lace detail on the top and bottom.  It can be worn with a cardigan, denim jacket, the fringe vest I got, with leggings, a scarf...the options are endless.

I also got a white dress with floral print and drop shoulder sleeves.  I think the new drop shoulder style is a nod to the 90s style but in the 90s the drop shoulder was on a skin tight leotard shirt.  I'm glad this time around that it's on dresses and light weight cardigans.  This dress can also be layered.  I would hesitate to cover up the pretty sleeves with a cardigan or jacket but would wear leggings or tights and a coordinating scarf.

And lastly, check out this adorable fringe vest!  Fringe is huge this season and I love fringe on a vest.  The bead details give it more depth and I like that it is lightweight and doesn't have a zipper or closure.  I am definitely going to be layering this vest over a t shirt for a more casual look and maxi dresses to make them more current and reinvented into a way that I haven't done yet.  

Each of these pieces was wallet friendly at less than $20 each.  No, they aren't high quality pieces but I know they will last long enough as long as I am careful with how I wash and dry them.  So basically as long as I remember to do the opposite of what I did with the Forever 21 shorts, I will be fine.  

What were some of your March favorite fashion finds?

-Michelle

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls

Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105-10941499

*The first two photos are courtesy of Forever 21.  The others were courtesy of the blogger.  This was a non sponsored review.  All opinions are that of the blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment