Monday, April 27, 2015

Clear Raincoats

Clear raincoats have been seen on the fashion runways for years, but to see them in person and in department stores was unexpected!  When I think about it, they are functional and don't hide your outfit, but I can't decide what I think.  Penny for your thoughts?

As a child, I had a shiny rubber duck yellow one with a matching hat.  I think I still have the hat. Truth be told, it is quite hard to dress stylish on rainy days, so maybe this trend is a good one!  

I saw Nordstrom carrying the three below:

Gold glitter Transparent Plastic Rain Jacket(photo courtesy of www.nordstrom.com)

found here
(photo courtesy of www.nordstrom.com)

found here
(photo courtesy of www.nordstrom.com)

I would have never considered actually buying or wearing such a coat, but walking through TJ Maxx, as I'm known to do, I spotted a bright yellow lace jacket and when I got closer I saw the yellow lace was the under layer of a clear see through plastic coat!  Interesting, I thought as I continued pushing my cart, but then I saw a white lace one hidden behind it and I liked it!

I pictured myself off on a vacation running and laughing through the cobblestone streets trying to capture a picture of a rainbow I saw over the ocean over by the peak of the volcano, completely dry while everyone else was taking cover inside rum tasting and t-shirt shops along the cobblestone street.  Maybe the reason I shop is because it whisks me to adventures far far away in my mind.  I digress.  I knew I had a black plaid rain coat but that was for colder weather trips.  I also have a khaki trench but that was more dressy.  This clear and white pretty lace lined coat would work if i was in a rain forest or during a quick sun shower during summer travels!  It doesn't actually say water resistant, but it has a hood and pockets.  Needless to say, I bought it.

brand: My Jane
(blogger's photo)

Would you wear a transparent coat this season?


-Erin

*Please note no products mentioned were endorsed or sponsored.  The My Jane coat was personally purchased.






No comments:

Post a Comment