Sunday, April 19, 2015

E.L.F Skincare Line Review

One of my favorite bargain beauty brands is e.l.f, or "Eyes. Lips.Face."  I discovered it a couple of years ago at Target.  I didn't have much faith in a brand with a products priced 30-50% less than similar products by other drug store brands, but I was very surprised by the eye lash curler and lip glosses that I purchased and became loyal to the brand.  In January of 2015 e.l.f announced that it was launching a skin care line.  I was so excited that I signed up to receive some of the items released during the pre launch.

The e.l.f Skincare line consists of four products:  Illuminating Eye Cream, Skincare Soothing Serum, Daily Hydration Moisturizer, and Nourishing Night Cream.  I signed up for e.l.f to send me their Illuminating Eye Cream and Nourishing Night Cream.



This year I am really focused on improving my skin and have been trying out different products to help my under eye circles, puffiness, and fine lines.  I was really hopeful that e.l.f's eye creams would help or at least be comparable to the other products I have been using.

When the products arrived I couldn't wait to try them.  The packaging is sleek and beautiful.  Photos really don't do the products justice.  They look like they would be much more expensive than they are, which is $10.00 and $12.00 respectively.  I used the night cream that evening.  It was not as thick and creamy as I was expecting and smelled a little funny.  Thankfully the smell went away quickly after I applied it.  I was worried that my eyes would look greasy in the morning because the product didn't seem to absorb very quickly.  It did absorb though and I woke up with soft skin.  My skin is sensitive and there was no redness or irritation which is fantastic.

That next morning I tried the illuminating eye cream.  Again, it was lighter than I anticipated but it absorbed quickly and I wasn't waiting around to start my makeup.  However, I was so disappointed to find that there is nothing illuminating about it.  There were no light diffusing particles nor did my under eye circles appear lighter or the puffiness any smaller.

I tried to remain positive about the skincare products being that I am loyal to e.l.f makeup.  After about a week of using both products, morning and night, I moved them from the shelf in my bathroom to the bottom drawer...where products get banished when I don't like them.  I had such high hopes for the e.l.f skincare line but honestly, I saw no difference from using them rather than my daily store brand facial moisturizer.  The positives were that they both moisturized, absorbed fully, and did not irritate my sensitive skin.  And while I wish I could say more positive things about them, I just can't.  Yes, they moisturized but that's about all they did.  I will not be purchasing again, nor would I recommend the skincare products.

Have you tried any of the e.l.f Skincare products?  What are your thoughts?  Leave me a comment or tweet me and let me know!

-Michelle

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105

*Photos courtesy of e.l.f Makeup and Cosmetics.  This review was not sponsored.  All opinions are that of the blogger and the products mentioned were personally purchased.  


No comments:

Post a Comment