Friday, April 17, 2015

DIY Fringe Scarf

This week I want to share a fun and easy fashion DIY with you.  Fringe is in right now and scarves are a great transitional piece for the spring season so I want to show you a super easy, and fun fringe scarf that you can make at home in just a few minutes!
All you need is a larger size men's t shirt in a color or pattern that you like and scissors.  I purchased an extra large, super soft, purple men's t shirt from a thrift shop for a dollar.
Lay the shirt down and smooth out any bumps and wrinkles.  Align all seams and straighten out the sleeves.  Now you are ready to go!
Here is a picture of the directions:

So carefully out the shirt horizontally across the chest  right under the sleeves.  You can then cut a few inches off the bottom if you don't want the fringe to be super long.  Next cut vertical slits through both sides of the shirt.  Don't make them too narrow or they may rip!  Separate the fringe and pull each strand individually.  Voila!  You are done!
Here is mine:

This whole thing took me maybe 10 minutes and cost a dollar.  I think it would even be cute layered with another color.  Next time I will use a size smaller shirt though.  I am petite with narrow shoulders and the opening is kind of a weird size for me.  

And backing up a bit, the original photo directions have floated around Pinterest for awhile now.  I couldn't find the original poster to credit.  Anyone know?

-Michelle

Follow us on Twitter @2StrongGirlsCM
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2stronggirls
Follow us on Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/michelle63105

*First photo courtesy of Pinterest.  Second photo courtesy of the blogger.  




No comments:

Post a Comment